What pressure is recommended for my 215/50R17 tyres?

Heynsl

I had upgraded my original rims from 16" to 17".

Kindly recommend me the correct pressure for my upgraded rims and tyres with the profile 215/50R17.

How do u calculate the correct pressure for different profile of tyres?

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

By the way, I am using Dunlop Direzza 215/50R17 tyres.

Does anyone able to advise me the correct tyre pressure for it?

Neutral Newbie

Sorry I am not so sure.

But I also intend to change my current stock 15" to 17" rims.

May I know why you choose 215/50R17? Isn't that too big a diameter?

May I know what's your original tire/rim config?

for dz101 can use 32-36 psi range depending on size

u can try 34 and go up or down

lower profile might need lower to maybe 32-33 for comfort or use 34 for best handling/comfort mix

Kindly recommend me the correct pressure for my upgraded rims and tyres with the profile 215/50R17.

Thanks.

Jus chge to 205/40/17 Federal ss595, tyres state max 36 psi,so what is the correct pressure for this set of tyres. Can I pump to 30 psi???????????

Thanks.

instead if checking the tyres , i suggest u check your car , 215.50.17 suggest u driving a bigger then average car, should be at least 34 psi +- .

if u check your tyres, i think the max psi is 41 or 51, i forget, pls dun follow that

Is there a need to up the tire pressure?? The thing is you only need to up the tire pressure when you had increased the load on your vehicle. eg if the max load is reached on your car, you will up to the max air pressure indicated on your tires. It will be a sensible and logical thing to do if you see that your car is fully loaded with passengers & stuff and the tire flattens against the load, you will have to increase the air pressure to support the extra load.

I think engineers choose the tire air pressure vs the volume of air pumped into the tire as a easier benchmark for calculation. If ppl take volume as a gauge, there will be too many calculations involved when upsizing and life will be damn miserable. If you think about it, if you keep the overall diameter the same while upsizing the rim, you actually have less air space since there's more metal and less rubber between the space.

Even with lesser air space in your tires, the air pressure is still achievable inorder to support the load of the car. So if the car manufacturer states 220kpa or 32psi can support the loads from your day to day drive & activities, you can adhere to it w/o worries....even if you upsized your rims. Unless your car is carrying more passengers & barang barang dan usual...dan you up the tire pressure to support the extra load.

In mechanical engineering point of view, it's always a smth vs another.

When it comes to load, there's always at least two pivoting points to hold the load. In the case of the car the pivoting points are the 4 wheels that supports the entire weight of the car and its occupants. That's why you only change the tire air pressure when there's an increase or decrease in weight or load.

Bro, i'm on 215/45R17 and pumping 245 using SPC digital pump [;)]

isnt it too much for the tire ...the rite pressure for 215/45r/17 is 230..if u pump the air wt nitrogen u hv to pump higher a bit to 235... [drivingcar]

isnt it too much for the tire ...the rite pressure for 215/45r/17 is 230..if u pump the air wt nitrogen u hv to pump higher a bit to 235... [drivingcar]

It would be very bumpy [nod]

Now, i reduce to 220-230 liao after changing my set of tyres ... [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Thanks.

last time my ITR is using this profile as stock.

Factory recommendation is 220 front 200 rear.

Hope it helps.

But different car might be different as weight of car is also a consideration.

It depends on the vehicle specs. Do note that the tyre pressure will increase by around 2-3psi when warm, so the pressure needs to be taken when the tyres are cold.

For tyres with soft sidewall, bumping up the pressure a little bit more will be required for better handling.

↡ Advertisement