W210 Xenon

Intx

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi I had been trying to put a mercedes w211 xenon projector into Depo headlight in which is aftermarket (Custom) but looked nice The question is the depo that is sold here are with xenon and its oem (bought it at the dealer). I do not blind people infront of me so i wonder whether will it be legal to use in Singapore as all parts that i used are original OEM RHD.

Anybody experienced this before? Will i get pulled over in the middle of the street?

The Xenon will be OEM 4300k. How about inspection? Mine is due in april next year i guess.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Intx
↡ Advertisement

so easy for TP, all they need is look at the tarmac. if the light is not yellowish tint, cfm tio bay piow liaoz.

yes, halogen will produce white light when u look into it, but when thrown to the tarmac, it is yellowish, HID is different, stare fr different angle u get a rainbow spectrum but alway white light thrown to the tarmac.

Neutral Newbie

u mean jus bluff the TP say tat its from factory?

i tot some cars are obvious come with HID and some dont, so TP will know rite

Neutral Newbie

Well i just installed it ........

I will deal with TP later but a lot of people thought that it should be okay

Posted Image

My uncle who is a cop here in Singapore told me that i should be okay as it had been stated

on onemotoring.com that if i change the whole headlight which involve a lot of that, i should be fine. Anyway he said OEM products usually can be seen from the output and does not create glare for other road user! I saw a w211 avantgarde with xenon and the output is the same. Cross my finger X!

Happy motoring! [hur]

Neutral Newbie

I bought Depo lights in the US and also bought the new E class W211 RHD projector from ebay and ask a friend of mine down at mbworld.org to customize for me.

Unfortunately the bixenon does not work but the projection of the output is wicked!

I passed a few roadblocks and TP seems to not notice.

Well I crossed my finger that nothing happens in the future!

I see.. So its quite a lot of work you have put in there for it to work [thumbsup]

A cheaper alternative is just to plug a HID ballast and bulb right in, but it probably will give you lots of problems at roadblocks [:(]

Imo, its really it like what you did for a piece of mind

Neutral Newbie

Tried to put 4300k D2s with H7 adapter inside the original headlight.

But its preety glaring and after driving my c320 with bixenon, the output is far from supreme.

Neutral Newbie

The problem with the angel eye type is that I dont like it.

I rather keep this one ...... but The bixenons are like the w211 ones

↡ Advertisement