Twin surbo ..shud i or shudn't i

Wolverine

Neutral Newbie

I'll rather a simple catback and intakes mod then these minor mods. Should be looking for a slightly higher flow with certain reasonable amount of back pressure. These gadgets does not necessary work on all cars and are pretty much useless in my opinion. I'd say do mods that are more worthwhile. [;)]

↡ Advertisement

Spoke to Ah Heng....he said to make my single surbo twin = $60...

dunno wanna try or not ....Bukit timah too far ...hmmm...or shud i get a 2nd hand single surbo and add on? can save me 30-40bucks

go back to heng and ask him to do a proper twin surbo for you...update us on your decision...

Neutral Newbie

Just installed a Surbo, the accelerator is more responsive and the acceleration is much faster vis-a-vis pressing on the accelerator before and after installing; that I need to brake as I've 'misjudge' the acceleration.

As for major mods as suggested by BMW320I, I'm also very keen but the cost is much higher and when I speak to the local exhaust 'specalist', they do not give me a secure sense of sucess either.

For these minor mods, I believe we need to manage our expectation from the small amount of money and the risk is much lower.

Is there any good & professional exhaust 'specalist' you can recommend?

Neutral Newbie

To certain extends...i think it works lo...i manage to drag to 6-7k rpm easily...shiok to drag lo... [sly]

but i think petrol siong lo...i install 1 twin surbo...

Neutral Newbie

Yeah lor esp when you exceed 3K ...from 4 to 7 like in a breeze ...

I discover that instead of acc from 1K to 2.5K hold then 1/2 throt ...i usually go to 4k at 3rd gear then release clutch 4-3K at 3K i 1/2 throt ....it's like all the way man! shiok

Neutral Newbie

I have more experiment today, indeed can confirm that the accelerator is much more responsive, especially for overtaking, only need to step a little harder to 'surge' as compared to before that I need to floor the accelerator. Almost like the Light Turbo Effect!

I will not hesistate to strongly Surbo, considering the cost vs improvement. Hope it works for majority makes of cars.

Neutral Newbie
Just installed a Surbo, the accelerator is more responsive and the acceleration is much faster vis-a-vis pressing on the accelerator before and after installing; that I need to brake as I've 'misjudge' the acceleration.

As for major mods as suggested by BMW320I, I'm also very keen but the cost is much higher and when I speak to the local exhaust 'specalist', they do not give me a secure sense of sucess either.

For these minor mods, I believe we need to manage our expectation from the small amount of money and the risk is much lower.

Is there any good & professional exhaust 'specalist' you can recommend?

The mods I mentioned are your typical Stage 1 mods. Hence considered minor. [;)]

You'll realise that once you start modding, no 1 experience mech will give you a definite figure on performance gains.

I do all my modding in australia hence would not be able to recommend. [;)]

The cost may be marginally cheaper but if it were that great, we'll be seeing them in today's street machines. [;)]

Neutral Newbie
Maybe BMW320i can suggest a place where I can do the intake mod as suggested above?

I believe the others can and I don't do my modding in Singapore. [;)]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

In my personal opinion, Surbo is one of the most satifactory mods for my car, and taking into consideration of the cost.

My 2.2NA car performance now is a little closer to my previous Saab 9-5 2.0LPT. Hehehe.....of course with a little bit exaggeration. [laugh]

Just my 2cents worth and I have no relation whatsoever with Surbo's Heng.

Edited by Lorrliew

heng tried to explain to me asking me to hold or something like that...i don't really get what he mean....he ask me to take away cyclone as it would affect surbo...so how you activate surbo usually?

Neutral Newbie

told ya..

1. accelerate and rev to 4K (could be 1st 2nd or usually 3rd gear)

2. release clutch - rpm drops from 4K to 3K

3. 1/2 Clutch and hold it.... redline!

↡ Advertisement