Twin surbo ..shud i or shudn't i

Wolverine

sometimes the "improvement" can also just be in the owners mind lor [:p]

we call this the Butt-Dyno.

[laugh] simi is butt-dyno?

buttocks can also dyno arh [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

exactly... people sit in car, wow! feels great! this car damn power... later, the same car dyno at only 141bhp at wheels. sit in another car, chey, this car not so power lei... no oomph... that car dynoed at 148bhp at wheels...

how they tell? from their butt lor... that's why it's called the butt-dyno.

hmm. interesting theory. perhaps they could be wearing undergarments of different thickness on different occasion. this could perhaps explain the difference in butt sensitivity [:p]

let me a hazard guess. looking at the list of mods which are most popular: 1)fuel magnet, 2)grounding, 3)volt stabiliser and 4)E68/ecotek/air compressor? [sly]

Neutral Newbie

So to make this Surbo thingy work, we need an Engineering student with PHD to re-calculate and see whether it'll work or not... If it doesn't, he can then mod the surbo into version 2... Surbo2. More powerful and works better than original Surbo... Anyone here wanna take up the challenge?? [sly][sly][sly]

You forgot the last one. Decals.

For an Alfa, I believe none of these produced the horsepower. They are bigger, more expensive and work w/o having to resort to a money back guarantee. sly.gif

geee... so my 1st guess was wrong? darn [:p]

ok let me guess again. if we exclude SC and TC, mods which actually increase HP: 1) exhaust mod, 2)air intake mod, 3)PnP, 4)ECU piggyback [;)]

(edited)
Can share what is your 4 std mods to increase from 120bhp to 148bhp?

Actually, this car had exhaust, intake, no cams, but ECU, AND a real Supercharger kit.

it was a 120bhp (at crank), which gave approx 90bhp at the wheels. we're looking at almost 60bhp gain at the wheels... heh.

Edited by Littleblackalfa

I wouldn't include PnP actually. I'm hesitant to do any mods to the engine block itself, aside from swapping the cams. Stage one cams would be enough. BUT, the thing to note, is that doing cams will increase overall power, but you lose a bit of low end.

so, it's intake, exhaust, cams and ECU. enough liao... won't cost more than $4.5k in total.

So to make this Surbo thingy work, we need an Engineering student with PHD to re-calculate and see whether it'll work or not... If it doesn't, he can then mod the surbo into version 2... Surbo2. More powerful and works better than original Surbo... Anyone here wanna take up the challenge?? [sly][sly][sly]

actually, to see if it works, all you have to do, is take a car, do 5 laps around pg in it, and time the car. then, add in Surbo, and see if there's any difference in average timing.

aiyah.. the list dun end there.

enlarge throttle bodies (or individual even better)

larger fuel injectors (or a Carb conversion even better!)

change piston

change cylinder head

lightened flywheel

enlarge bore

high duration cams

the list goes on. it gets more and more expensive as you go on...

air intake. The intake manifold is costly to reproduce for Alfas. The stock ones are made of plastic, and are light weight. BUT, to change, or enlarge the intake manifold, you're talking about machining a new piece which ain't cheap.

good for you!!! but remember: to have a bigger mouth, you need a bigger axxxxxxe to flow things through faster. So, remember to do your exhaust eventually too, if you haven't done it.

Neutral Newbie

Yes! Done a Sebring DTM last Saturday. the engine is definitely smoother when at high revs and i 'feel' i'm hitting the redline earlier. Have not tried high speed runs yet. Now considering what type of air intake to use, most likely will go for apexi because I don't like the idea of an oil type filter.

In anycase, will definitely not consider adding Surbo etc because I have tried these on my previous rides and it does not work.

↡ Advertisement