Twin surbo ..shud i or shudn't i

Wolverine

well, the muffler gives you high end gains. that's all. if you want the whole package, you need the cat and the manifold/extractor done as well. I tried getting a 4-1 manifold, but my car dun have... [smallcry]

if you can, go for it.

do all of this, THEN do the ECU. not before...

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
told ya..

1. accelerate and rev to 4K (could be 1st 2nd or usually 3rd gear)

2. release clutch - rpm drops from 4K to 3K

3. 1/2 Clutch and hold it.... redline!

Hi there something i dun understand ..

the part "2. release clutch - rpm drops from 4K to 3K"

u mean step on the clutch ??

if "release" clutch as let go of clutch isn't the rmp go up instead?

Thanks ..

??? since when I say Surbo goes with Auto cars? To me, it should never come near my own car, dun car auto or not!!!

Yes, the 1/2 throttle redline thingie is real, but there's no proof it gains more.

This guy who says he beat 2L cars at sprints with Surbo... wat kind of cars? I dunno.

Yes! Done a Sebring DTM last Saturday. the engine is definitely smoother when at high revs and i 'feel' i'm hitting the redline earlier.

Cool! another DTM exhaust user! Mine not by Sebring. Want to get together and see who's louder? :P

Make sure you get yours cleared by LTA asap if you haven't done so. you should go for high speed runs, and when you're at 150km/h, try overtaking a faster car. that's when you'll find your muffler works...

Neutral Newbie
air intake. The intake manifold is costly to reproduce for Alfas. The stock ones are made of plastic, and are light weight. BUT, to change, or enlarge the intake manifold, you're talking about machining a new piece which ain't cheap.

Wrong! Intake Manifolds are tuned length and diameter. Of course expensive. Especially when the Alfa TS has variable intake geometry. Long for low rev, short for high rev.

You can manufacture a new one without valve for the VIG. You need to adjust the size of your plenum and pipe length.

Yeah lor esp when you exceed 3K ...from 4 to 7 like in a breeze ...

I discover that instead of acc from 1K to 2.5K hold then 1/2 throt ...i usually go to 4k at 3rd gear then release clutch 4-3K at 3K i 1/2 throt ....it's like all the way man! shiok

can explain more clearly? clear our doubts....confused.gif

Neutral Newbie

Hi Wolverine,

Mind enlighten us more clearly how u activate the surbo?..

as the part release clutch bit dun really catch what u mean..

thanks [;)]

Neutral Newbie
so do surbo goes well with auto cars? single or twin then?

Surbo goes with the Toyota Estima 2.4L with auto transmission. I just installed a single Surbo in my ride yesterday! [bounce1] (Would have gome for twin but my "fish-tail" not able to fit another Surbo snugly.)

Car feels more responsive, and is able to go into 4th gear when travelling at 60 km/h - I think that is why FC is more economical in the long run.

Mr. Heng is pretty helpful. Brough me round for a test run and showed me how to throttle to achieve maximum power - if I should ever need to overtake like mad!!! [bounce2]

Otherwise car feels good even at "D", with a lighter tap able to feel more "pull" when accelerating. [flowerface][thumbsup]

hi guys, i have 2x surbo to sell (condition 8/10). installation not included. selling 1 piece for $40 or take 2 for $60. pls sms or call me at 98154760 to deal. thanks!

Neutral Newbie

Hi, have been trying to find reviews for sunny N16 1.5A but to no avail.

Can any bros advice if the twin or single surbo will be helpful to my sunny 1.5A?

Looking to improve acceleration and FC.

Many thanks!

Surbo?

Sure-boh???

Can any bros advice if the twin or single surbo will be helpful to my sunny 1.5A?

Many thanks!

• Praise 1

Many thanks!

During the 90s installed before but mine is manual car.

The launching method what I feel without that thing also can have the same effect.

In the end return it.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

During the 90s installed before but mine is manual car.

The launching method what I feel without that thing also can have the same effect.

In the end return it.

Ahhh ok thanks for your input!

But mine is autocar and not much alternatives to do for a old 1.5A sunny also ):

↡ Advertisement