[Error] Mazda & Vezel Thread

Poortraveller

Why need to top up?

Should be able to get the XT tubro at 125k after off the line discount.

I didnt know xt is so cheap...

Heard hot seller... haha..not surprisingly... wrx is 150k++!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Did you try ebay or Aliexpress or Taobao?

This is just my experience, bought from Aliexpress, parts did not fit. 

Ended up forcing the parts in and broke it. 

Turbocharged

I didnt know xt is so cheap...

Heard hot seller... haha..not surprisingly... wrx is 150k++!

besides its competitive pricing and specification (like power tailgate and electric seats, sunroof, etc.) as well as the powerful engine, Forester XT also gets to ride the SUV trend... just like Vezel is.

• Praise 1

I am one of the "dumb" guys who bought HRV from KM :)

My decision was based on:

Part 1

Selling price difference ($12k); was quoted 111-112k for Vezel and 123k for HRV LX Premium

Scrap Value difference ($7k).  HRV $11k+ versus Vezel $4k+

Subtotal of Part 1 is $5k in favour of Vezel.

Part 2

KM offers 3 years parts and service free.  I guess it is worth at least $3000 for me since i will average 80k km in 3 years

Loan saving at KM versus PI should be (0.4%*60k*5yrs)= $1200.  In my case KM allowed me not to take any loan versus some horrendous interest rate I heard from PI (in my calculation, I use 1.88% for KM and 2.28% for PI)

Insurance and road tax subsidy by KM: $300 + $400 (I assume PI gives 6 mth free. KM gives first year free) = $700

Subtotal of Part 2 is $4.9k in favour of HRV

Total of Part 1 and 2: $100 in favour of Vezel.

Other consideration:

1. HRV older engine

2. HRV 17" rim and tire (actually not important to me)

3. The model I bought has paddle shift but doubt i will use it.....

4. Vezel better LED interior and ECON model etc etc

5. KM service center is just 10 mins drive from my place....

Above is just for info and another angle from a "dumb" guy who bought the HRV from KM.  In my case, I probably paid 1-2k more since I may not take any loan (maybe even 4-5k more if can Vezel at 107k)......In any case, KM got my COE at 57k+

The correction seem quite accurate except for Part 2 on the interest.

You actually paid 12k more upfront which should calculate the interest in. Is either loan or upfront cash. The 4k more in term of Parf cant take into consideration because you didn't gain any interest.

Should be either cases;

1) 60k x 2.28% x 5yrs ( $6,840 ) comparing to 72k x 1.88% x 5yrs ( $6,768 ) = $72 interest saving.

2) 60k x 2.28% x 5yrs ( $6,840 ) comparing to 60k x 1.88% x 5yrs ( $5,640 ) + 12k x 1% x 5yrs ( $600 ) = $600 interest saving.

Assuming Fixed Deposit at 1%

Based on the COE you secured at $57k+ which mean you will be able to get Vezel X for $51.5k (Group Buy Body Price) + $57.5k ( COE ) = $109k

The front cash should be $14k, taking HR-V 123k and Vezel X 109k

But anyway for paying full cash, I think AD is always better, easier and hassle free than PIs.

• Praise 1

After download the toolbox, is it that simple to do the upgrade of the GPS? Thanks.

Plug in the navigation SD card into your Computer, it will prompt you to download the toolkit and you can update your GPS from there. 

Checking in as a to-be Mazda owner. Booked a Mazda 5 over the weekend at Expo. But now getting worried as I went for 6 bids non-guaranteed package, and with the number of car sales over the weekend, it seems like next 1 or 2 COE bidding will have a lot of bids... Wonder when can I get my car...

hi fellow vezels,

I would be meeting up with a couple of PIs this Monday. very very very likely will sign on the dotted line.

check with you, anyone whose PI provide 'Roof rails' as part of their freebies? If not where can I find and install this in Singapore.

thanks in advance. 

btw I will be getting maroon colour X model.

signed with one of our sponsored PI on Monday.  OC chose maroon colour. due to stock availability we are expecting to get the car on end Jan or early Feb. 

We only visited this one PI and signed on the dotted line already. Deal done in less than 1 hour. My sales rep is the famous botak who is currently a single-eye monster due to some eye ops.  Thanks to this forum, I am very confident that this PI will deliver as promised.

BTW the car is very spacious and the interior feels quality.  OC likes it very much.

Any Bros can advise where to get touch up paint?

Most hardware shop have those paint touch up pen for common makes and models. That day I was at vivo giant, they have a rack of paint pens too.

besides its competitive pricing and specification (like power tailgate and electric seats, sunroof, etc.) as well as the powerful engine, Forester XT also gets to ride the SUV trend... just like Vezel is.

but most peoples still more care FC than power, so Vezel will still lead the suv trend hands down

but most peoples still more care FC than power, so Vezel will still lead the suv trend hands down

I agree.

One observation I see is many vezel owners drive sedatedly maybe for sake of achieving FC.

But please not hog the R Lane.

I agree.

One observation I see is many vezel owners drive sedatedly maybe for sake of achieving FC.

But please not hog the R Lane.

No lar... because ride still new... give it a year or 2...... will see then cheong like any other Honda...  [laugh]

I am one of the "dumb" guys who bought HRV from KM :)

My decision was based on:

Part 1

Selling price difference ($12k); was quoted 111-112k for Vezel and 123k for HRV LX Premium

Scrap Value difference ($7k).  HRV $11k+ versus Vezel $4k+

Subtotal of Part 1 is $5k in favour of Vezel.

Part 2

KM offers 3 years parts and service free.  I guess it is worth at least $3000 for me since i will average 80k km in 3 years

Loan saving at KM versus PI should be (0.4%*60k*5yrs)= $1200.  In my case KM allowed me not to take any loan versus some horrendous interest rate I heard from PI (in my calculation, I use 1.88% for KM and 2.28% for PI)

Insurance and road tax subsidy by KM: $300 + $400 (I assume PI gives 6 mth free. KM gives first year free) = $700

Subtotal of Part 2 is $4.9k in favour of HRV

Total of Part 1 and 2: $100 in favour of Vezel.

Other consideration:

1. HRV older engine

2. HRV 17" rim and tire (actually not important to me)

3. The model I bought has paddle shift but doubt i will use it.....

4. Vezel better LED interior and ECON model etc etc

5. KM service center is just 10 mins drive from my place....

Above is just for info and another angle from a "dumb" guy who bought the HRV from KM.  In my case, I probably paid 1-2k more since I may not take any loan (maybe even 4-5k more if can Vezel at 107k)......In any case, KM got my COE at 57k+

Just to add abit.

Part 1 : Some who bought Vezel - X before July only got 2.5k scrap value

Part 2 : The cost of servicing in AD is 3k but may not value at 3k , buying from PI the servicing could easily be done less than 2k , so saving 1k or more there 

AD or PI very subjective , those want assurance hassle free do really suggest just head to AD . PI likely be challenging , how challenging depending on which PI you are going to , some give you SIBEH challenging situation some may choke you while some give you a smooth sail. 

On the side note .... doubt that car demand will drop even with loan curb there's still people can chiong full cash payment!!