[Error] Mazda & Vezel Thread

Poortraveller

Hi bros, any major issues with Vezel cos I really see many Vezels on the road? I was thinking I should get Vezel or Mazda 3.... Please advise...

I can't comment on problems with Vezel so I let the bros who drove them do so.

It really depends on what you want and what you can or cannot accept. There are pros and cons for both. My humble opinion:-

Vezel:

- Reliable Honda branding

- New design with great looks

- Excellent new technology such as CBTA, electric parking brake etc

- Lower priced then Mazda3

- CVT transmission with torque convertor clutch system (which I am skeptical about)

- Owners complaining about poor sound proofing

- PI car with risks from PI delivering and warranty issues

Mazda 3:

- Nice Kodo design

- Fully equipped with the deluxe model

- Traditional AT with dual clutch system (which i am comfortable with)

- Skyactive engine gives great FC (I've driven one from rental and feedback from my friends who owns them)

- Agent warranty and servicing without the worry of hunting for a good workshop after warranty (even during warranty workshop could give you problems. It happened to me as I'm driving a Airwave.)

- A little expensive among the Jap models

- Claustrophobic feeling (to me) due to its sporty design with more body small windows

The above are just my personal humble opinion for you to consider. End of the day, you have to weigh which you are more inclined to. Some people could be biased towards one model whereas some considers more on others. Just like bros here comparing Vezel vs HR-V. My friend is driving a Civic 1.8 coe ending 2016, also torn between Vezel and Mazda3. He's more biased to Vezel since he is more inclined to branding as he drive's a Honda now and on a budget.

Cheers.

Edited by Wormee
  • Praise 3

I can't comment on problems with Vezel so I let the bros who drove them do so.

It really depends on what you want and what you can or cannot accept. There are pros and cons for both. My humble opinion:-

Vezel:

- Reliable Honda branding

- New design with great looks

- Excellent new technology such as CBTA, electric parking brake etc

- Lower priced then Mazda3

- CVT transmission with torque convertor clutch system (which I am skeptical about)

- Owners complaining about poor sound proofing

- PI car with risks from PI delivering and warranty issues

Mazda 3:

- Nice Kodo design

- Fully equipped with the deluxe model

- Traditional AT with dual clutch system (which i am comfortable with)

- Skyactive engine gives great FC (I've driven one from rental and feedback from my friends who owns them)

- Agent warranty and servicing without the worry of hunting for a good workshop after warranty (even during warranty workshop could give you problems. It happened to me as I'm driving a Airwave.)

- A little expensive among the Jap models

- Claustrophobic feeling (to me) due to its sporty design with more body small windows

The above are just my personal humble opinion for you to consider. End of the day, you have to weigh which you are more inclined to. Some people could be biased towards one model whereas some considers more on others. Just like bros here comparing Vezel vs HR-V. My friend is driving a Civic 1.8 coe ending 2016, also torn between Vezel and Mazda3. He's more biased to Vezel since he is more inclined to branding as he drive's a Honda now and on a budget.

Cheers.

Thanks for the insight!! Btw, where did u rent the new Mazda 3? Maybe I can rent one to try it for myself.

For me is when i saw 

1st Hyunda Elantra my aim is getting it.... then think no resell value

2nd Mazda 3 or 6...my mind start to drift 

3rd Vezel came... Mini SUV great new look.. sign on dotted line.

• Praise 1

Hi bros, any major issues with Vezel cos I really see many Vezels on the road? I was thinking I should get Vezel or Mazda 3.... Please advise...

i bought both...vezel and mazda 3..LOL

but vezel was never delivered....

so im driving Mazda 3..

when i bought the mazda 3 deluxe, it was cheaper than vezel (104,888 vs 106,800).

features wise:

Mazda GB is 6 speed vs CVT  - i prefer 6 speed but CVT more fuel efficient.

Vezel has more airbag 8 vs 4.

M3 - sunroof and factory fitted leather (the quality is quite gd).

in terms of size, vezel is taller but shorter (yes mazda 3 is actually quite long due to its bonnet), width about the same.

std features like traction control, cruise control are all std btw the 2 cars.

1 more thing, vezel is electronic parking while mazda 3 is using hand brake....(i personally prefer hand brake parking - old timer..lol)...

mazda 3 i supposed is more stable at high speed (due to lower CG and heavier body 1.3+ tonne)..

mazda 3 cruise control works >110km/hr....

fuel consumption after 5.5k km, is 15km/l or so...v good...but i think vezel even better at 17km/l? haha..

about 40% city drvg, 60% highway.

mazda 3 interior is very nice...go see the deluxe version..u have controller knob....and LCD screen which u can use to customise various functions like lights, signal sound, heads up display, auto lock etc etc...

and the GPS inbuilt is very accurate..i dont use my garmin now...collecting dust

and mazda 3 has dual climate control...headlight washer (deluxe version), auto folding mirror (i think vezel dont ve), i-eloop (energy regenerating function)....

Edited by Privacy
  • Praise 2

so im driving Mazda 3..

when i bought the mazda 3 deluxe, it was cheaper than vezel (104,888 vs 106,800).

features wise:

Mazda GB is 6 speed vs CVT - i prefer 6 speed but CVT more fuel efficient.

in terms of size, vezel is taller but shorter (yes mazda 3 is actually quite long due to its bonnet), width about the same.

1 more thing, vezel is electronic parking while mazda 3 is using hand brake....(i personally prefer hand brake parking - old timer..lol)...

mazda 3 i supposed is more stable at high speed (due to lower CG and heavier body 1.3+ tonne)..

fuel consumption after 5.5k km, is 15km/l or so...v good...but i think vezel even better at 17km/l? haha..

mazda 3 interior is very nice...go see the deluxe version..u have controller knob....and LCD screen which u can use to customise various functions like lights, signal sound, heads up display, auto lock etc etc...

and the GPS inbuilt is very accurate..i dont use my garmin now...collecting dust

and mazda 3 has dual climate control...headlight washer (deluxe version), auto folding mirror (i think vezel dont ve), i-eloop (energy regenerating function)....

Thanks for the insight... I have concerns abt Vezel's PI dealers and the CVT GB, that's why I am considering Mazda 3. I have heard good reviews abt Mazda 3, now maybe if I am going for Mazda 3, dunno should get 1.5L deluxe, 2L or get Mazda 6 standard.

Thanks for the insight... I have concerns abt Vezel's PI dealers and the CVT GB, that's why I am considering Mazda 3. I have heard good reviews abt Mazda 3, now maybe if I am going for Mazda 3, dunno should get 1.5L deluxe, 2L or get Mazda 6 standard.

Both are good cars..if need space then go for vezel...

I think altis vezel and mazda 3 r top sellers in sg...so bloody common...

Thanks for the insight!! Btw, where did u rent the new Mazda 3? Maybe I can rent one to try it for myself.

I rented mine from Goldbell.

If u are into sedan and scared of CVT issue, just go for M3!

Edited by Wormee

Mazda 3 should be a better buy if priced the same as Vezel.

I believe m3 should be more comfortable with better sound insulation and pliant suspension..

Edited by Melvincyc

this is interesting.. I always thought that AD workshop are better and safer...hehe..

so this means some PI workshops are even better!

cheerS!

Most AD workshops sometimes got trainees to service your cars. And many a times AD cant solve my mechanical issues. Waste of time and money. Edited by Andyngps

so im driving Mazda 3..

features wise:

Mazda GB is 6 speed vs CVT - i prefer 6 speed but CVT more fuel efficient.

104,888 is a very good price for a M3 deluxe. Now cannot get already. One of my colleague got it for around that price too during a weekend promo.

*Didn't knew the deluxe has headlight washer. Haha

Turbocharged

Paid that price for my Mz 2 deluxe.

104,888 is a very good price for a M3 deluxe. Now cannot get already. One of my colleague got it for around that price too during a weekend promo.

Actually expo price was about this price also cos u got 3yrs free servicing....and other stuff....

I only got 10k svg..bt I took 50k loan as opposed to 60k min loan...and they still give me the financing discount so ok..

Actually expo price was about this price also cos u got 3yrs free servicing....and other stuff....

I only got 10k svg..bt I took 50k loan as opposed to 60k min loan...and they still give me the financing discount so ok..

Bro, if u referring to the Cars@Expo last weekend, the prices are test drive unit lea. So urs considered good price liao. Edited by Wormee

Bro, if u referring to the Cars@Expo last weekend, the prices are test drive unit lea.

Is it? I thought deluxe was going for 107.8k? Didbt know its demo unit

Is it? I thought deluxe was going for 107.8k? Didbt know its demo unit

Yup, they are. I was tempted too, the Mazda 2 Deluxe was going for 93,888.

This was the price list i took when I was there. I think 107,888 is normal price. Expo Test Drive Units were given discounts.

post-55105-0-90875700-1447577816_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wormee

Huh! This thread has becomes a Mazda thread... Lol...

Anyway, have been drvg Vezel for 1mth.. No regrets I must say... This is my 1st compact suv & overall feel is good, less that sound insulation is not tt fantastic but I can live with it...

Edited by crazysiao
↡ Advertisement