Of course it isn't. The F1 calendar for 2012 has just got into full stride. This is only the second race this season but the first proper race held at a track. Melbourne was a city track and we did not see the true potential of the cars. BUT it rained in Sepang and we still didn't manage to see the true potential of the cars. We could see however that some drivers and some cars doing well in the wet, but that's about it really.
Notable upsets (in my opinion) are that Red Bull (and Seb Vettel) had a run in with HRT's Narain Karthikeyan causing him to finish eleventh from a fourth position and an engine failure hit Maldonado's Williams Renault in the penultimate lap and handing tenth place to Michael Schumacher. Not much was seen from Vettel after that as he finished eleventh.
Notable top 10 finishers that aren't usually in the top ten include Kimi Raikkonen in fourth (after being away for a couple of seasons) in the Lotus, Vegne in a Torro Rosso-Ferrari and both Force India-Mercedes. It certainly was an unpredictable race. I never would have thought I'd see so many underdogs coming up on top.
The 2012 season seems to be off to a very good start. Next is the China GP this 15th of April.
01. Alonso Ferrari 2h44:51.812
02. Perez Sauber-Ferrari + 2.263
03. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes + 14.591
04. Webber Red Bull-Renault + 17.688
05. Raikkonen Lotus-Renault + 29.456
06. Senna Williams-Renault + 37.667
07. Di Resta Force India-Mercedes + 44.412
08. Vergne Toro Rosso-Ferrari + 46.985
09. Hulkenberg Force India-Mercedes + 47.892
10. Schumacher Mercedes + 49.996
11. Vettel Red Bull-Renault + 1:15.527
12. Ricciardo Toro Rosso-Ferrari + 1:16.800
13. Rosberg Mercedes + 1:18.500
14. Button McLaren-Mercedes + 1:19.700
15. Massa Ferrari + 1:39.300
16. Petrov Caterham-Renault + 1 lap
17. Glock Marussia-Cosworth + 1 lap
18. Kovalainen Caterham-Renault + 1 lap
19. Maldonado Williams-Renault + 2 laps
20. Pic Marussia-Cosworth + 2 laps
21. Karthikeyan HRT-Cosworth + 2 laps
22. De la Rosa HRT-Cosworth + 2 laps
Did Not Finish
Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 47
Grosjean Lotus-Renault 4