Much has been said about the all-new 2013 Skoda Octavia. However, the Czech carmaker did not reveal the details regarding the engine lineup until now.
At launch, the grown-up Skoda sedan will be powered by a slew of four turbocharged petrol and four turbocharged diesel engines. In summary, here's the global engine lineup for the 2013 Octavia:
- 1.2-litre : 86bhp with 160Nm of torque
- 1.2-litre (Greentec) : 105bhp with 175Nm of torque
- 1.4-litre (Greentec) : 140bhp with 250Nm of torque
- 1.8-litre (Greentec) : 180bhp with 250Nm of torque
- 1.6-litre : 90bhp with 250Nm of torque
- 1.6-litre (Greentec) : 105bhp with 250Nm of torque
- 1.6-litre (GreenLine) : 110bhp
- 2.0-litre (Greentec) : 150bhp with 320Nm of torque
The Greentec label denotes the cars with lower fuel consumption and CO2 emissions than the standard Skoda vehicles. They feature technologies such as brake energy recovery and start-stop system. Depending on the engine, the Octavia will be equipped with a five-speed manual, six-speed manual or seven-speed DSG transmission.
The top-of-the range vRS variant will be launched at a later date.