Warranty For Proton Car

Gen2

Neutral Newbie

Only until today than I realize that if our proton cars are not serviced by Proton Singapore or their authorize workshop, the 3 years warranty will be void. Maybe I am the only one here who in not aware of this ruling but just to share my finding with the fellow proton car owners. If you choose to let your own machanic to service your car better think twice now.

↡ Advertisement

I guess this is a standard for all new cars.unsure.gif But I heard for Proton if you service at MY (Proton Edar or Eon???), it is still eligible for warrantynod.gif. Check with our MCFer GTR206, I think he works in Protonthumbsup.gif

Neutral Newbie

i did my 10K servicing at JB and 3 weeks after that found my radiator leaking. the coolant in the radiator was dripping heavily.

went to proton teban no ques ask. told them radiator leaked and they change for me all within 2 hrs.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Good for you. For me I went for the first servicing at Proton Singapore and now my millege is at 19700. They keyed in my information into the computer and found that I did not turn up for subsequent servicing, the staff over the phone simply tell me "Your warranty is void".

Edited by Gen2

Neutral Newbie

In jb...there's lot of authourised service centre...all these will give u the proton stamp every time u service thus ensuring the warranty. However, the one at jalan tampoi seems to be the main centre...

Proton Singapore just play dirty and find excuse to void your warranty.

Proton engines in general are so basic, esp the Wira's 1988 17 yr old Mitsubishi engine that any service ctr can do the job

Neutral Newbie

All Proton cars registered from Aug 2003 onwards comes with 3 years / 60,000 km warranty which ever comes 1st. 1st & 2nd year whole car and 3rd year only engine & gearbox.

In order for your warranty to stay alive, owner's are to service their cars regularly with either Proton Singapore Pte Ltd or in Proton Edar Service Centres in M'sia. Info on authorised service centres in M'sia can be found in www.proton-edah.com.my

In any case, if you do not service your cars at Proton's authorised service centres, all warranty can and may be removed from that particular veh. without any prior notice unless proof of service records can be furbished by owners. And I do advise you to read all the information given in your service record book.

Do not hesitate to contact Proton Singapore Pte Ltd or Proton Edar Sdn Bhd for any further enquiries.

Neutral Newbie

That's why I mentioned I could be the only one here who is not aware of it [smallcry] . The main purpose of the thread is to remind people like me who are not aware of such ruling. Anyway presently I am communicating with Mr Leong at Proton Singapore, a nice guy who is customer orientated. Unlike the unsensitive guy at the service department who kept repeating 'your warranty is void' over the phone, knows nothing about customer service at all.

Proton Singapore just play dirty and find excuse to void your warranty.

Proton engines in general are so basic, esp the Wira's 1988 17 yr old Mitsubishi engine that any service ctr can do the job

MAybe can go scrap yard and buy cheap parts? dun need warranty thentongue.gif

Neutral Newbie

ya agree. I think it applies to all makes not just Proton. Maybe 1 way of forcing you to use their service ...

↡ Advertisement