Warranty For Proton Car

Gen2

Neutral Newbie

By right, anything that is not original or modified will affect your car's warranty. And that includes rims, exhaust, plugs, cables, sound system, etc...

That means anything that is not factory fitted will affect your warranty. [:)]

Edited by Gtr206
↡ Advertisement

hi bro..need ur advise, my waja is 3 weeks old,so far so good except for paint work...do i need to mod anything to make it more save/safe to drive? but i do not want my warranty to void. i'm new

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro thanks for the concern [;)] . I have already solve the problem with Mr Leong from Proton Singapore, he is a very nice guy and easy to talk to [thumbsup] .

Neutral Newbie

Hi gibwaja, if there's an issue about your paintwork, firstly you'll have to call your Sales Exect to let him/her know about it and then get the sales exect to revert this matter to the servic dept. in black and white. Secondly, about modification, I have a;ready stated very clearly in the earlier threads that anything that's not original form factory will affect your warranty. You can do whatever you want with your car but there's always the risk of damaging other parts of your car. So think twice before you do any modification to your car. [;)]

Hey men,u are absolutely right to say as u are wasting yr money to do unneccessary modication even though the car might improve the performance!!jawdrop.gif

Neutral Newbie

Heard about that before and Mr Loh from service department also a nice guy, understand wat is customer service unlike the one I spoke to at the Teban service department [thumbsdown] .

new protons have 3 yr warranty?! my wira bought in 2002 only 1 yr, and I remember I hit the millage even b4 1 yr was up [smallcry] but proton part replacement in JB only 1/2 price, cannot beat. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Can't answer you the question because I'm driving a Gen 2 no experience with Wira, paiseh. But now for $50k the Gen 2 is definately a very good buy [nod].

Wira is more spacious than Gen 2.

Wira's closest competitor is Accent, but Wira is more spacious.

But I also heard that Wira's Siemens ECU can be problematic.

Neutral Newbie

Hi... I'm considering a Gen 2 vs a Lancer.

But heard horror stories in Malaysia about Gen2 having to replace just about everything even within the 1st 6 months! ...Especially the power windows.

How is your Gen 2?

Does it give you problems?

Neutral Newbie

I think the export units and the local units have a different QC standard. So far from the feedback of those local (Singapore) Gen 2 do not seem to have so many problem and for me so far (touch wood) also no much problem [;)] .

↡ Advertisement