Fiat Panda or Skoda Fabia

Contax

Read today ST classified and was pleasantly surprise that Panda is going for $52800 and Fabia is $54999.Both are within my budget.

Of course on my radar there are also Aveo , new Rio , Matrix , Vios etc...(all under $55K ).

I have been driving both japanese (toyota/honda) and korean(hyundai) for the last decades and felt that maybe i should give conti car a try but was always shy away because of high price.

Any bro or sista here already/about to own the panda/fabia can share your view ?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Why not the Punto? Panda's design a little dated... Looks a little like the matrix/ignis... Unless of course you can get the SUV version... [thumbsup][thumbsup] don't think its available in SG though...

post-3-1124523867_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

definately the panda... as a fiat owner, all i can say is test drive all those cars that u've mentioned and u'll definately find the panda to stand out!!!

for once, i cannot go bluntly with the italians. i wun say the panda is no good. but both have their own strengths. to me, the panda is more unique, funky and interesting. the fabia feels very solidly built and has an expensive feel to its interior. i looked at both cars b4 and the fabia just gives me the high end kinda feeling. features wise, both are good and i dun really see the fabia losing out. and i do like the shifts on the fabia too.

if ure getting fabia, mus get as a manual as its a heavy car and the auto version is plain slow. summarise my opinions-

panda pros- nippy engine, nice selespeed but future maintenance cost a concern, unique and funky, fantastic FC, low running cost other than selespeed.

cons- electric power steering robs car of steering feel, but those who buy panda shudnt be looking out too much for driving dynamics anyway. put it this way, if u can live with honda jazz steering, the panda shud work fine. may feel crosswinds at high speed due to high seating.

fabia pros- expensive feel to interior. solid build. good low end torque.

cons- forget abt auto version, too slow. heavy car. not as good FC.

imo, i wud give my thumbs up to the fabia. prefer a more conventional hatch. but if theres a panda 4x4, thats a diff story though. test them to see which u prefer

Edited by Felipe

I'd say the Panda although I haven't ever test drive the Fabia. The Panda is a car you'll grow to love day by day cos of it's unpretentious looks and drive. Even if you add the 3k option Skywindow it's still very affordable and besides if you walk into their showroom i think they can give you a very good deal...

The 4WD is available in special indent but I feel that unless you are a farmer it's pointless to get it and pls don't say that the Panda looks like a Matrix cos it totally brings down the class of the Panda...

yes, the panda looks different from the matrix. maybe its the front end tat gives this impression. and those who wana buy panda dun forget to ask for the best price possible. i wud do it if i were you. dun give the price u wan, just walk out...

Neutral Newbie

I'm more on the side of Fiat in terms of quality and brand. But still, I disagree with DH6211 and it is unfair to say Matrix brings down the class of Panda. The designer of Matrix is Italian and its design has been in the market for years, ways before the availability of Panda today. I would rather say Panda's body inherit the look of matrix.

The 4WD is available in special indent but I feel that unless you are a farmer it's pointless to get it and pls don't say that the Panda looks like a Matrix cos it totally brings down the class of the Panda...

care to share how matrix brings down the class of Panda?

Sorry if I'm too offensive but if you would like why I said that it's best to test drive the Panda yourself cos that little Italian workhorse did bring a smile to my face after my test drive... [;)][rolleyes] Anybody who agree with me please stand out Thanks...

no hard feelings... but just feel hurt by your comment (cos i'm driving a matrix myself)...

i would give you the same smile on your face if you ride in my matrix... [flowerface]

Panda isa newer model, while Fabia has been around for some time and a facelifted or new model may be out soon.

I have never driven fabia but have test driven the Panda.

Spacious interior with excellent headroom. Refreshing dash design and good quality plastics used. But I found the Selespeed (or tiptronic gear, whatever you call that) too troublesome to pay with. Easier to just go on auto mode.

Lots of electronic features comparable to Ford Focus. You can even set the max speed to for eg, 100km/h.

No complains, but my grave concern is the long term maintenance costs and how long the distributor, Teo Tian Seng will stay on in this business.

yes, the panda looks different from the matrix. maybe its the front end tat gives this impression. and those who wana buy panda dun forget to ask for the best price possible. i wud do it if i were you. dun give the price u wan, just walk out...

Err....if it's asking for $52888 with coe , what kind of bargain will be reasonable?

I cannot go in and tell the SE "Look ,I'm serious.40K , A-SAI-BO ?I-LAI-MY-SUAT.... [laugh]

Now must find time to go for a test drive on these 2 babe.

↡ Advertisement