Is a patched tyre still safe to go high speed ?

Surf2004

I've just got a punctured tyre. Will patch it soon.

I'll like to know if it's safe to travel at high speed (>160km/h) with a patched tyre because I travel to Malaysia often. My tyres are Michelin Pilot Preceda (205/45/R16).

Advice pls.

TIA !

↡ Advertisement

When you say patch, I assume a small nail went into your tire and it is not on the side wall.

If yes, personally, no problem with mine. Have it (patch), done it (NS trip).

It's not on the side wall. Still dun know what object pierced my tyre as I can't see any nail sticking on it. It's a 2cm rupture.

Happened at BKE to woodlands last night. Loud bang heard.

Going to Stamfordtyre during lunch time to fix it. Hope that it's not so bad that I need a replacement !

It's not on the side wall. Still dun know what object pierced my tyre as I can't see any nail sticking on it. It's a 2cm rupture.

Happened at BKE to woodlands last night. Loud bang heard.

Going to Stamfordtyre during lunch time to fix it. Hope that it's not so bad that I need a replacement !

Can a 2cm lobang be patched? shocked.gif

Even if can patch, I wouldn't dare to use it at high speed. Perhaps can keep as spare tyre instead? tongue.gif

I've just got a punctured tyre. Will patch it soon.

I'll like to know if it's safe to travel at high speed (>160km/h) with a patched tyre because I travel to Malaysia often. My tyres are Michelin Pilot Preceda (205/45/R16).

Advice pls.

TIA !

Hi bro,

I am using a similar tyre and size as you. Had a puncture and I drove up to NS with speed around 140-160. No prob. But my patch is different. Its patch from the inside with a special patch glue or something. Not the usual method which they push rubber from the outside into the tyre.

Cheers!!

↡ Advertisement