Looks like Chevys are still not really well received in SG.

Spango

This is a comparison between my Optra and my previous EK3.

Poor FC....agreed due to its weight.

Comfort wise & Sound Insulation: definitely better than my previous EK3 !!!

Performance : if u want "power", it is the wrong car...but try cruising at 120 kmh (no floating feeling as compared to my EK3)..

those guys over there are just typical grp of pple who still think Jap quality is the best [laugh][laugh]

jap quality is certainly a high standard in terms of price to engineering ratio in the mass production category. but of course they are not perfect, like their design and aesthetics are bad.

chevy certainly has some way to catch up, but i dun think anybody should jus criticise and write them off. afterall the japs started like that too. :)

every car is designed with different priorities and philosophy. jus get the car best suited to you and dun put down other people.

actually I do have high expectation of Jap car till I sent my EK3 for ICE upgrading.

When they took out the side panel to run the wires, all the metallic structure was very rusty and the car was less than 1 yr old from yr of mfg....I was shocked but those guys doing the ICE said it was a common sight.

The amt of cost down in the recent batch of Jap cars do frighten me.

I once compared my Ek3 with a ES8 and ES5; the amt of stuff removed were quite significant.

in the current situation, just get sth tat wont a hole in ur pocket...

buying is easy...maintaining is the difficult part.

Neutral Newbie

Wonder whether these ppl have driven an Optra before. I have owned a EK before, and have also driven an Optra, though I dun own one.

Believe me, Chevy is not that bad. Soundproofing wise, much better than my EK Civic. Also, no floating sensation at high speeds, coz Optra's body is heavy. Pick up is also relatively quick, though it cannot be compared to an EK3's pick up. But pretty decent pick up, I would say.

There will always be ppl out there who discriminate agst Korean cars, and think that Jap cars are the best. No point arguing with such ppl. As long as u are happy with your car, be it Jap, Korean, conti, Malaysia etc...then that reason alone shd be good enuff.

I've tried the Optra & Optra5 & i personally think they are really great cars in terms of handling, performance & comfort, furthermore they are priced very competitively too. My only reservations, i think like most, would be the FC...

No la, juz dun like their attitude. How can they say such things.

Frm carma forum :- "If a car need to do free advertisment here. It is clearly bad enough to drive one!"

Juz by posting price list in forums means the make is bad? Wat kind of nonsense is this [hur] Then wat abt Bro eddie & Radx who do the frequent posting of price list in MCF..Does it mean that Hyundai is not a good make oso? No rite..Posting of price is juz to update the fellow forummers abt the lastest price frm the various dealers tat's all.

Neutral Newbie

these pple dun drive chevvys??they noe nothing abt our ride....slow when up slope,i can onli half agree but if they dun mind the fuel burning faster ground it and feel the difference.say we no power,rather look deeper compare at the speed of 100km/h.see who drift/float away.........

Neutral Newbie

wa even engine mounting got 4 pcs....but i wonder if i should changr my sperk plugs...still using stock til now.going to 10 k liao..........

Stock Optra spark plug is NGK brand rite?

Til nw I stil have not remove my spark plug to take a look since day 1. I dunno whether Starsauto got change my spark plug 4 me anot during my 10K & 20K svc-ing. Another 1k+ to reach my 40K svc-ing.

Neutral Newbie

how comwe SA change oil filter everytime i go servicing but they dun changr spark plugs????i oso nv take out the plugs to see til now but i feel that changing should be better coz if the car is not well.the plugs can show.Rite???? [gossip]

dun take that forum seriously lah. its hwz, and populated with "my dad's car" postings...

mostly kids who talk like they know... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement