Car Paints and colour codes

Lightspeed

This is something I've always wondered...

For some reason, all you have to do is to tell the spray shop your color code and he'll be able to do mix the correct paint out for your ride for spray.

Has anyone ever encountered any spray shops that can't mix the paint to a colour code that your want?

I wonder how many thousands of codes and paint mixture combinations formulas these shops have... [gossip]

↡ Advertisement

tink it's the other way round. paint companies come up wif the formulation n codes and car companies select from them and simply give it a fancy name. kinda like those colour pallette chart when u buy paints from the hardware shop.

I see... sounds logical [:)]

I'm currently looking at respraying my ride... and looking at some paints I found on the net.... that's why... wondering if local paint shops will have the codes and know the formulas for mixing it up [:p]

Hi.

Sorry to dig this super old thread up.

Need to ask for some advise.

Anyone know where to get these colours mixed? Can i just buy the paint from these shops and do the spraying myself? How much does it cost?

Thanx in advance for your precious inputs!

flowerface.gif

Spraying of such paints, you need at least a air compressor and a air brush(somthing like that). Not easy also. =) Advise is to let the workshop do it..

Well, actually not spraying the whole car lah.

Sometime back. there was a hit and run incident, which left a long scratch and big dent on the driver's side door. Spent about $300 to get it fixed up. Intend to get the side protectors, but it only comes in matt black, which does not look nice on the Grey Fit with white rims. dizzy.gif So only wanna spray the 4 side protectors to be the same colour. tongue.gif

Found this workshop at Paya Lebar, which charges $30 per protector, that will come up to $120. Thus, was thinking if possible to spray it myself and get someone to paste it instead.

Under this situation, still need air compressor and brush ah? sweatdrop.gif

Not spray the whole car my dear.

Only 4 side protectors which was purchased recently. So was thinking of buying the paint off the shelves and do the spraying myself. Is it feasible? confused.gif

↡ Advertisement