10,000km Servicing for Toyota Vios

Beeper5

Hi All MCF Bro & Sis,

My 10,000 km servicing for Toyota Vios is up. Need some advice as to whether send my car to BM or use outside vendor and also is it necessary to use fully synthetic oil?

Here's what BM quote me and the options i have.

1. $204 : labour+some parts replacement+Castro Fully Synthetic oil

2. $126: labour+some parts replacement+ purchase my own 4litre Fully Synthetic oil (any recommendation?)

3. $139: labour+some parts replacement+Castro Mineral oil

Appreciate your advice. TIA!

↡ Advertisement

Bro, your car is still so new and i would advise you to go back to the agent for servicing unless you want your warranty to be voided [:p] If you use fully synthetic oil, the servicing interval would be 10K instead of the 5K if you use mineral oil [nod] There are a wide range of synthetic oil available i.e Mobil, Castrol, Shell, Amsoil, cxxxxxe .... etc [thumbsup] It's actually up to you to prefer [;)]

smash.gifsmash.gif sister not bro sly.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

so are you saying if i use fully synthetic my next servicing will b 20,000km...? Do you know roughly how much it'll cost me if i buy 4 litrs of say mobil fully synthetic frm outside? if it work out 2 abt the same as $204, then i might as well used wat BM is using Castro and less trouble...unless Castrol is not so gd...?

Sorry Sista, my apologies [:p] You are right [nod] If you use synthetic oil, your next servicing will be at 20K [:)] If you have no preference for engine oil, you could just use their Castrol synthetic oil [;)] If you want to buy Mobil oil from those automotive spare shops, the prices are almost the same (Plus minus a few dollars off) [;)] For cheaper & yet the same quality Mobil synthetic oil, you could look through the Classified Section of this forum as there is 1 Bro selling at $65 for 4 Litrs of Mobil Fully Synthetic oil O-40W which is quite a steal provided that he has stock [:p] else you could buy from Carrefour the Mobil 5-30W at less than $10 per litre [thumbsup]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

huh...so cheap....? wah BM quote me the Castro for $78 dizzy.gifdizzy.gif then wats the difference whether using different model of oil....? i think the price is if there's sale going on in carrefour rite? Hmm...like dat i'll save abt $40...then quite worth the trip hor....

actually $78 for 4lt castrol syn not that expensive. unless u super good at bang-table, i would recommend u juz go for the full BM package to avoid any disagreements on warranty issues later shld problems crop up wif the engine. after paying so much for a car, $40 every 10,000km is quite negligible.

After the so-called "FREE" servicing from BM, I went to my favourite workshop at AMK. The charges are very reasonable and the service is good. Best of all, when they check your stuff, if there are parts that are still good, they'll advice that you carry on using and not change those, thus saving you money.

My Vios was always serviced at the following workshop:-

Lai Huat (Meng Kee) Motor Pte Ltd

Blk 21 Sin Ming Ind Est Sec A #01-58 Singapore 575679

Tel : 6453 8110

Look for Jason over there. He is the son of the owner of the shop. A very nice chap to talk to. A lot of my Vios kakis also did their car there.

Hi Chromas, thanks for the info! thumbsup.gifHowever, if i use outside workshop will it void my warranty...?sweatdrop.gifHow much will it cost at this workshop and wat kind of service they offer...?

"...will there be problems if she brings her own oil??..."

onli if something goes wrong wif the engine. it gives them a good excuse to siam warranty coz they can always blame it on 'non-approved' or 'poor quality' oil. unimpressed.gif

hi..if i'm not wrong outside servicing is cheaper than the BM.but they cant give u the warrenty..maybe u can go back to the BM for the 1st one year becos its a garrenty..during the 2nd and the 3rd year u may start to go out for servicing..outside workshop cost ard $120 for the 4litres fully synth oil,o.r.g oil filter,spark plugs(normal),air filter plus the maintainer check..

↡ Advertisement