What exact detailing steps?

Garang_guni2002

Hi all

Wanted to wash my car with shampoo, wax it and use sealant as well.

Bros here...please advise on the proper steps required to achieve it.

Thanks all!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

The "proper" way.

1. Wash Car with CarSoap

2. Polish it to remove dirt and grims

3. Wash Car with water (jet spray it)

4. Dry and Apply Sealeant x 03

5. Once Sealent Dry, apply a layer of wax for shine

Hi Cool

Thanks for the info...but now thinking of which car shampoo to use (or is it better to use water without shampoo?)...

Torn between choosing autoglaze, armourall and autoglym shampoo.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Neutral Newbie

For normal wash, I would have use those Wash and Wax (becareful not to use it for Windows).

However, for Detailing, I use just Wash Shampoon such as Meguliar's Softwash. These products got no other compounds like wax.

I think Autoglym shampoo would be better...

cheers

bro ask u huh.. wax is not sealant right... me black car.. use amour all wash and wax car sham,poo.. then after dry use wax....(cos some say polish remove micro layer of paint ha)

i wax once a week man... is it too much.. and sometime i think i trap small particle within the waxing too lor even after the wash..

pls advise.. thank thank

Wax once a week?

Wah... I can't afford that...

IMHO Too much of a good thing may be bad for the paint. One a month wax is recommended, normal days just wash and wipe. [thumbsup]

sign dun know why if i dun wax my front bonnet look terrible stained when closed up dun know why.. sign ok i think once a month will do.. anyway usually i just wax my front bonnet.. cos that time a silly cat give me wonderful scratches on my one month old car

Thanks for the info...but now thinking of which car shampoo to use (or is it better to use water without shampoo?)...

Torn between choosing autoglaze, armourall and autoglym shampoo.

Hi Garang_Guni2002,

Personally, I use Armourall [blue Bottle] for washing my car. Suds very well. thumbsup.gif Petrol stations like Esso/Mobil & Carrefour should be selling them for about S$7.50. nod.gif Autoglymn also works quite well. Have not used Autoglaze so cant comment on it.

Cheers tongue.gif

Neutral Newbie

Wax is NOT sealant. [scholar]

For new car, it is worth while to apply thin layer of wax weekly. Cos you want to built up a firm layer to protect your paintwork.

Do it for every weekend for a month and it should settle down..

what is the different betwwen wax and sealant and what is sealant used for lei/...

so u are saying it is ok to wax my car once a week anyway i only wax the front bonnet cos of a cat scratches so have to do as much as poosible

Neutral Newbie

Wax refers to Carnauba Waxes. This kind of wax is nature's hardest and most natural waxes. This waxes give a deeper and richer shine compared to synthetic waxes. On the down side, Carnauba starts to melt at 160 degrees F. which limits its durability. A general rule of thumb for all Carnauba waxes is: 50% of the wax is gone after 30 days, 75% is gone after 60 days and after 90 days the surface should be re-waxed.

Paint Sealants and Paint protectors are known as synthetic waxes. They can be water-based, petroleum-solvent based or a combination of both. These formulas offer several advantages over Carnauba Waxes. They are very durable, capable of lasting six months or more, are easy to apply and wipe off and produce a very bright shine.

Sealants are used to create a very hard, glass-like barrier which resists detergents, acid rain and pollution. Therefore, it's used to protect the paintwork after you've polished the car. Polishing by the way will remove the top microscopic layer of paint, and the scratches, oxidized paint etc will go away, give you a new layer of paint.

Neutral Newbie

I use Mothers Sealant and Meguliar Wax.

Sometimes, when I feel broke, I use 3M Wax or Johnson.

My base sealent is still mothers [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement