Peugeot 206 or Renault clio

Theloniousmonk

Neutral Newbie

Test-driven both. The Renault has a better engine, gearbox, interior quality. The 206 has a really weird driving position & long-winded gear-change. The engine, though quite torquey, is a little rough. Handling-wise, both are quite good though the Clio sits lower.

Went test driving the 206 yesterday but only managed to test the manual 1400cc model, since they are going to phase out the 1.6 model since they intro the 307. Very punchy pickup for a 1.4. Good drive and handling.

Just a few gripes: driver's foot well space is real small. Spent half the time trying to dislodge my size 8 shoes from the roof of the well (base of steering column) which is just downright dangerous when you're going off at 80 to 100, braking and changing gears. To make things worse, there is a strut right in the middle, just above the the brake pedal. The space between the pedals are also ridiculously close. Ever gotten into an e-brake situation and hit the throttle instead?? Nope?? You actually can on this car.

I can seriously consider this car, but for the above problems and standard equipment given for its class, I'd give it a second thought though.

Neutral Newbie

I've been driving a 206 for a few months now. Yes the pedal space is rather small but u will adjust to it in no time. I really like the car and never regretted buying it. Not to mention it looks better than the clio.

Which is a better buy and better drive??

[:)] Hey! Welcome to MCF! [:)]

A better drive and buy would be the Clio. Surprisingly slient throughout the whole rev range. Cheap too. [thumbsup] Jus my 2 cents worth.

Neutral Newbie

Post: No lah, buy new car no more budget for facial liao, DIY everyday.

DIY but still do facial everyday......you really very "ai sui"......thumbsup.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif