Hand Brake Vs Foot Pedal Brake. Which one is better?

Chimp

Bro, in SG its not too bad to have a footbrake. However in MY, not realli practical to get a AT car with footbrake. Imagine situations like coming down Genting when ur normal brakes are hot, u r left with 2 resorts which is the handbrake n play with the gears.

Cheers

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

The RX300 was the first vehicle (ever) where I (eventually) found the parking brake to be a pedal, located to the far left. Long thereafter I thought this was kind of the only model using this peculiar concept. Now, I've learned that old Benz (both W123 and W124, probably among others) uses the same pedal style parking brake. Is there any other known vehicles that I've missed? 

1 hour ago, Gew said:

The RX300 was the first vehicle (ever) where I (eventually) found the parking brake to be a pedal, located to the far left. Long thereafter I thought this was kind of the only model using this peculiar concept. Now, I've learned that old Benz (both W123 and W124, probably among others) uses the same pedal style parking brake. Is there any other known vehicles that I've missed? 

Mercedes Benz W123 used Handbrake,the later model W210 also used Pedal Foot Brake.

2005 thread! 😄

Honda Shuttle also comes with foot brake. Personally, I love it. That frees up space in the middle of the front seats.

• Praise 1

On 10/1/2005 at 4:30 PM, Seanboi said:

Bro, in SG its not too bad to have a footbrake. However in MY, not realli practical to get a AT car with footbrake. Imagine situations like coming down Genting when ur normal brakes are hot, u r left with 2 resorts which is the handbrake n play with the gears.

Cheers

If you are using adequate engine brake, parking brake should not be needed. 

And I thought many new cars are already using electronic brake? I dont know because I am still driving very old car.

3 hours ago, Gew said:

Several hondas have it. Including mine.
Manual handbrake is really antiquated liao lah. Electronic park brake is default for most higher tier vehicles already.

Prefer the foot brake by far. Whether got electronic brake doesn't really matter to me.

• Praise 1

The parking footbrake is a big improvement over the handbrake as you can apply more force on it. Now that I'm on electronic brake, it is clean, nice, space-saving and easy but if I am parked on a steep slope, the electronic brake does not give me as much confidence as a manual brake as you cannot feel the amount of force applied and also what will happen if there is a power or electronic failure.

• Praise 1

Not bad. 

2005 thread still relevant today. Technology din leap too much 😁

Toyota Wish also have foot brake pedal then. 

Not tried emergency braking with it b4 though.

Safe ride

Cheers

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1