Anyone Used Komoco Inhouse Workshop For Repair

Kiatmobile

Hi All,

I had an accident on Friday along ECP towards Rochor(Before Camera) where a Nissan March bang my back of my Matrix.

Thus, when i call Komoco, they said that they don't do 3rd party claim but they have a In-House Workshop name Tuffi(Related to Turf Kote).

I like to know does anyone in here had ever had any repairs made by them?

Need some feedback and comments about this workshop.....

Thanks in Advance....

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

nope, so cant advice whether good or not. Last time when i got my front bumper ripped off, went back to komoco and told that they dont do third party claims, so took my vehicle and went to Star automotive instead.

Yeah....but they strongly recommend me to them...

But i don't know if they are good in workmanship....

Moreover, the lady seems terribly blurr when i call this morning about some issues... [jawdrop]

It really worries me boy.... [knife][bigcry]

If you go to any reliable workshops like STAR shd be pretty safe and don't forget to ask for your free courtesy car and claim from the other party.

Neutral Newbie

I also met with an accident and my car is with komoco in-house workshop. My insurance company AIG advise me to go back to komoco as my car is still under warranty and they will use original parts. I do not know if they are good or not until I collect my car.

Tsgetz,

OH yes....I was taking risk actually.

When i sent in my car, i was worried on their workmanship.

Especially the lady in-charge call Ms Tan were so blurr.

But after i take my car, everything was new as they changed almost the back of everything. [sunny]

However, i think they do a good job as they are under Tuff-Kote.

So, it should be ok as i've tried their Systems 6.

Neutral Newbie

Kiat,

I went to komoco as advised by AIG, the information counter lady just ask if I was with AIG. So I said yes and she direct me to Tuff-Kote contractor. Later then I find out that they are not Komoco staff. I think Miss Tan is the one that handle my paperwork. I was unsure if this workshop is okay but since I was already there, I let them handle the repair. [sweatdrop]

Tsgetz,

My Matric was kenna bang while travelling along ECP on Friday(two weeks back) when a Nissan March driven by a lady driver. Wow, She was UP-CLOSE & PERSONAL [rifle][grouphug] when the Merc-Cab in front of me(near the Camera) step his brake. I have to applied mine and she bang from behind. [furious][furious][furious]

I was like you in a confusion stage where i'm also worried about their workmanship too.

As i was insured with NTUC and that Komoco don't do 3rd Party claim, so they recommend me to go to their in-house workshop.

I was reluctant looking at the way Ms Tan's approach but i console myself that since its Komoco's in-house workshop, its easy for them to get original parts easily rather than to get it from the stockiest.

After collecting the car, i have to tell you that you'll find your car with oil stains, black finger prints, dirt, etc.

You have to be prepared for that when collecting your car as they don't clean up unless you ask them to do so on the spot.

PS : Whaqt happen to your Getz? Mind to share?

Neutral Newbie

Well I was driving on Hougang Ave 10 and I slow down to a stop to wait at the filter lane as there was a Mazda in front wait for traffic to clear. A sunny bang my backside and I kissed the Mazda. The sunny told me he drop something that is why he bang into me. [rifle]

The mazda just have a slight scratch on his bumper. My rear bumper was lose and my rear bodykit drop out. My boot cannot close properly.

When I was with Miss Tan, she told me they will not do 3rd party claim against NTUC. Luckily or not the other guy is with AIG so it is okay.

I have collected my car they replace my bumper and rear bodykit. Although the rear bodykit was different from the one I have, I think the new one look nicer [thumbsup]

I have not notice any dirt or oil stains maybe I will check it out. However I am getting a motorcycle sound from my boot when I stop and brake.

Kiat, Is your ride okay now?

Helo Bro Tsgetz,

Wow, so, dod you pay the Mazda? I hope not as its only scratch.... [flowerface]

You are correct and bet my statement was wrong.

Ms Tan do not do NTUC claim as 3rd Party as she mentioned that they(NTUC) controlled the price in their workshop. [knife][bigcry]

I was confuse at first and after collecting my car i know why.... [confused] . Reason is that she(Ms Tan) marked up the price by double.

For instance, one reverse sensor cost roughly S$100. She mark up S$200.00 to the insurer which in my case is AIG(the lady who knocked my back).

I tell you, the price i saw really SHOCKED [hur][hur][hur] me....

However, from now, i tell myself. Its better for someone to knock me than i knock someone. [idea] .

About my ride, it looks good so far. New Bumper, Rear Door, Reverse Sensor, Embel name plates, bracket, wheel arch(only 1 side unfortunately), etc. Almost the rear of my car is new. Hee....

Only problem is that i have to use force to shut my door now as its still new. When i put little force to close it, it will not locked tight. So, have to use more force than usual. But in time to come, i think it will be less and less force used... [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

bro kiat

The sunny guy paid the mazda on the spot. Anyway his case is quite minor.

The sunny got his front bonnet cave in and both of this signal light drop out.

His number plate also broken into pieces.

When I collect from Tuffi Auto, they did not show me how much was the repair bill but Miss tan said that she will settle with the other insurance company. Most damage they will just do replacement, the tech told me that replacement will be faster and easier.

Their job is quite well done except for the noise at my boot when I brake. I will have to get them check out on this issue.

Do you know wher to get the "accident form" as I have used it in the last accident?

Bro Tsgetz,

For me, i got it from IDEC in Kaki Bukit if you are putting around in the East.

At the same time, i report the case to IDEC too as i need to claim the other party's insurance.

They took some pictures, write down what's damage and to be repaired on a sheet of yellow paper.

With this yellow paper, i bring down to Ms Tan and sh'll arrange a surveyor to see and which to be repair or changed.

I believe you have to drive your car down to them as they are giving 6 mths warranty for their job done.

So, do it quick and remidy it as soon as you can.

↡ Advertisement