Surface preperations

Toalson

It really depands on how much you love your car inlove.gif . Washing should be done on a weekly basis if possible, claying only when required, polishing maybe 3-4 times a year, waxing or sealant at least once a month. How does this sound to you wink.gif ?

i thot wax every week?? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
Last step should be wax. If you polik again... [dizzy]

Me confuse again [dizzy] ... I always thought that polish = wax...

So the Turtlewax Platinum Ultra Gloss wax I currently have is a wax right? Then what should I use as a polish?

Super blur now.... [dead]

Neutral Newbie

I'm also blur already...

After hearing of so many stories about the use of sealant, I bought the first the Autoglym resin sealant. I remembered reading that it is to be used after polishing... but u guys are telling mi its the other way round. Am I wrong? But usually when u apply the sealant, its oil base... and when I use a cloth to do it manually, there is usually unevenness.

My fortnightly regime is usually this

1) Wash

2) Shampoo with polyglaze

3) waxcon tar removal or autoglym B1 to remove sturborn stains...I have lots of tar stains and my car is white

3)polish with soft99

4)then use autoglym sealant

Is this correct? Would someone enlightment me

There is another qn.

I have alot of black stains/spots on my car,these spots have turned like orangy in colour and like 'implanted" in my paint work when u run your hands over them they are smooth!!!... anyway of removing them?

The other qn I would like to ask u detailing gurus is that is claying that good??? where do I purchase a clay bar? Cose my car is usually park outdoors and I work in construction.

Neutral Newbie
Good morning to you, bro Roro77 [wave][sunny] .

So late already still not sleeping..wat you doing [sly] ? Anyway I thought you suppose to call me right ?

Im suppose to call you to meet you after work, but got some family commitments. Will have to call you soon. Some more now fasting month, hehe, every nite got dinner wif this family, dat family... [laugh]

Sure contact u soon, got so much to ask you.

Neutral Newbie

For your question about the orangy spot, I had that before too. I used "AURI" to clean it off. It contains petroluem distillates, which I think is sort of a cleaner. Gurus here, please correct me on this if I am wrong.

All I did is to just apply a little on it and just wipe off. very easy [thumbsup] . I think any polish/wax containing cleaners will do the job fine.

Polish and wax. Can someone tell me the difference?

Where to get claybar?

Autobacs etcs will have.

Ur step 5 should be wax for extra shine wink.gif

I got decal but still wondering whether to get Klasse but I only want the AIO n there's no package for AIO alone. frown.gif

i can lend u my AIO if you want.

Sure and tks! wink.gif

Hi Klasse Lover and expert!!!

When you apply AIO and sealant on the car body, how you apply it? circular motion or one straight line across?

I am using some of Megauirs and Autoglym grooming too. Do u think will it have any conflict?

Currently, I have bit of swirls marks all over, especially the roof..... [sweatdrop]

Please advise....

regards...

Hi Diamond2006

The swirl marks are because the wrong way of circular motion during your washing, drying

and waxing.

I apply AIO in one straight line motion. Once you use AIO, it sure remove all other

products on the surface. AIO content chemical cleaner and it also can remove light

swirl marks.....etc.

MarcosTan

Toyota Rav4

Bro Toalson,

That is the main reason I use Klasse products. NO CURING TIME NO WAITING,

just wipe on then wipe off. Easier than car wash [laugh]

The only curing time is when you prepare to layer the Klasse Sealant.

Usually I wait for 12-24 hours to apply the additional layer.

To be more clear :

1. wash

2. clay

3. drying

4. AIO (no curing need)

5. KSG (no curing need)

If need to layer KSG then wait for 12-24 hours.

MarcosTan

Toyota Rav4 [thumbsup]