Looks lowered by bodykits?

Bluefreud

hi,

would like to ask whether by changing the bodykit (e.g. front lip, side skirts, etc) can make a car look lowered?

if can, wat are the pros and cons?

actually i have changed to lowered springs, but guess still doesnt look lowered to me, so thinkin wat else can be done?

pls advise.

thanks.

[:)]

↡ Advertisement

not just look lowered, its totally lowered till you gotta be careful where you park =P

pros - fierce look, chioer

cons - watch out for humps, kerbs, parking lots, heavier, worse FC

where did you change for your spring anyway? how much?

hurhur

oh i didnt know really possible to make it lowered by changing the bodykits..

hmm..

thanks man.

i went to my workshop @ jb to change both the springs and shocks, labor is just 80 rm.

hmm.. ok then will check out the bodykit shops @ jb..

hahahaa..

thanks again.

It looks lower because the body kit makes the body seems to be closer to the ground. Other than looks, it doesn't serve any purposes for normal street driving. Do you orginally have kits?

Actually by spring lowering, you should have achieved the lower feel and of course increase ride stability. May I ask how much you lower?

And other option you might want to try is to use larger rims. It further enhance the looks/feel of lowering by closing in on the gaps between your wheel arcs and wheels. Of course you need stront spring and stiff adsorbers to avoid wheel rubbing the arcs when cornering and there is also the FC issue.

(This low? Will kanna humps, specially those at the top floors of MSCP. Pciture taken from KO2 club Malaysia)

post-5-1128646378_thumb.jpg

eh hi robin,

long time didnt hear from u.

mine is koni yellow with vogtland springs.

but not lowered very much leh.

improvement?

hmm.. not sure leh.. starlet in the 1st place very fun to drive already..

hahaaa..

hi,

yup mine already has bodykits.

but my springs not lowered alot.

now is about 2 and 1/2 fingers gap between the wheel arcs and wheels.

hahaha.. guess im not really looking into lowered until i need to slow down alot when humps.

hi bro.. just wanna drop some of my views.. i think if you use bodykits, the car will defenitely look lowered.. but also the most important is to change to a bigger set of wheels.. or else it will look wierd.. like the wheels are too small. seriously, by changing the wheels to 16" or 17" and with bodykits, the ride will look very much lowered.. dun even have to change the springs.. but parking will be a problem lo.. and cannot speed through humps.. [:/]

lol.. what car u driving? and rims really is very expensive.. and too big will have problems too.. like power loss.. because of weight increase and bigger diameter.. and heard will drink more petrol too..

Hello,

Why do you want to lower your car ? Is it becasue you always need to tip toe with the occasional hop in order to get into it? Is your height way below average ? [laugh]

starlet i think 15" should be enough liao.. not too big la.. if not really ex one.. haha.. btw what colour ar? i think if u just get a cheap set of 15" wheels and spray it black, will look nice liao.. no need expensive rims.. unless u want it to be original silver lo.. cos black no diff regardless of the type.. black ma.. cannot see much diff.. just know that it matches well with white, red, yellow or black body lo.. [:p]