Soft99 Premium Authentic Carnauba

Lokturne

Neutral Newbie

Posting this here because it's where I heard of Soft99.

My car was previously wearing Collinite #845IW, which went through a few months (half of it through winter) and was still beading nicely today. I would've left it for longer but unfortunately the car encountered lots of bird bombs after being parked under a tree (evil eye to other half). It all washed off no harm done. The wax might've been fine but you guys know how it is, take no chances. Time for something new.

Process:

Wash

VM

Soft99 Premium Authentic (needs an acronym, how about S99PA)

Not a lot of pics since it was dark by the time I finished and I was working in the garage most of the time anyway because of the weather (rain rain rain, I hate spring).

Pics:

vm99_1.jpg

2nd time I've used VM and the bottle's still almost full

S99PA was a joy to use. Applied by WOWO method with foam pad. This stuff spreads so easily that I managed to get a very nicely even and thin layer. Minimal effort was needed to remove residue. It behaves quite differently to something like Collinite which is oily in nature. It spread more like a liquid, and finished up surprisingly slick.

vm99_2.jpg

Looks wet but I'd say maybe 10% at most is due to S99PA. VM had more to do with the look.

vm99_3.jpg

Another shot.

Hopefully Melbourne gets some sun tomorrow, I'll put the car out and take a few more pics.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

s99pa.jpg

There's 200g in the can which is only about 7oz. Should still last a while. Souveran is 8oz. but 3 times the price. It's definitely easier to use than Souveran, but not by that much, I hardly consider Souveran hard to use.

I'll wait until I see it in the sun before I give final judgement.

Neutral Newbie

Wow the paint looks wet there. Have you ever try out the ClearKote CMW and RMG before, I heard this combo gives a super wet and deep look to the paint.

Neutral Newbie

I've had RMG for a while but haven't used it yet. I don't have CMW, and not really planning to get it. I'm sure the combo would look good, but I think I have better products, CMW doesn't really fit in for me.

Authentic Excellent is the most expensive, but I didn't see it on sale. I was after Premium anyway, as I heard it gives 90% of the look but much better durabiity.

Neutral Newbie

birdbomb1.jpg

birdbomb2.jpg

Notice anything funny?

Wiped the car down with #34, went inside to get the camera, took the pics, and I noticed some bird has dropped some bombs.

*Waves fist at the sky*

Neutral Newbie

Souveran is wetter, a little deeper and much more reflective. Not to mention clearer so the metallic is much more visible.

I have a feeling S99PA will be more durable but I'm not going to find out. Tomorrow, I'm stripping everything. Time to try some new products: OCP, ZPC, PO85RD, #2180 and #2165.

#425 is the only FK1 product I've tried so far. I like it but I don't have a use for it.

I used it on my friend's car earlier this week. Here's an 'after' pic:

3.jpg

I previously used FMJ on the Integra (I think I posted that detail here).

The car is parked out in the open with no shelter, so after 15 weeks of winter and spring rain, FMJ was pretty much dead. Unfortunately, no time to apply another LSP. Applied #425 instead and was quite impressed. It's a 'heavy' QD, there's no doubt it left a fair bit behind on the paint which looked a touch deeper and wetter. Most noticeably, slickness was improved to the point where it felt like a sealant had been applied.

However, I personally prefer light QD's like #34 which leave as little behind as possible. All I want from a QD is to remove dust, light watermarks, etc. but not to protect the paint or anything else.

I'd say it's a cross between Z6 and Z8, but smells like red fanta.

↡ Advertisement