Kelisa vs Picanto race

Spade

Neutral Newbie

Hey I wonder which car will win? stock condition I mean, without all the addons. I've test driven both, I must say they are both perky. But kelisa feels very 1980s interior wise, and to make it better, must throw more money at it, and it feels flimsy, but by measurement it is a lighter car. Lets have a race!

↡ Advertisement

My vote is with Kelisa. [laugh] For obvious reasons. [:p]

Actually, if you can't feel any different with the engine, go with the one you think look best. Can't go wrong then. For the bulk of us who pick Kelisa, we can tell the difference in the engine feel. [thumbsup] Or at least we think we can. [rolleyes]

Edited by Wbucket

For initial pick up from start, Kelisa will win. Kelisa's 130kg weight advantage over Picanto, plus its Japanese sourced Daihatsu 16V DOHC engine gives it an edge over Picanto's Korean 12V SOHC engine.

But for high end speed, Picanto wins.

For initial pick up from start, Kelisa will win. Kelisa's 130kg weight advantage over Picanto, plus its Japanese sourced Daihatsu 16V DOHC engine gives it an edge over Picanto's Korean 12V SOHC engine.

The Kelisa is 3 cyclinder right ?? If so it should be 12V le ... How to have 16V with 3 cyclinder .. [gossip]

Edited by Sam_wong_cm

if only this can happen here, i think more pple will use until coe expire

WE'RE FOOLS TO SCRAP OUR CARS!

Thursday October 27, 2005

Why not let owners buy their cars back for $0?

Letter from

Jack Koh Chin Guan

I REFER to the article "S'pore cars find new lease of life - overseas", (Oct 24).

I cannot understand why Singapore is wasting resources like this. Up to 100,000 cars - post 2000 models that are well kept and in good working condition - are now going to benefit overseas buyers.

Most of these de-registered export cars are sold to exporters at scrap value. This means the owners only get back the equivalent dollar values of the partial PARF and COE values.

The de-registered car itself is deemed to be worth zero. But its actual worth is a few thousand dollars - at least to the overseas buyers!

Doesn't this make our car owners look like fools? Why don't we help ourselves?

Since the de-registered car is worth $0, why not allow the owner to buy it back at $0. He then re-registers it with a new COE, at market price. Since the car is worth $0, the various taxes will also cost $0 too.

As all taxes are certain percentages of the value of the car, at time of purchase (or re-purchase, in this case), it will only cost him slightly more than the price of the new COE to register his "de-registered" car.

The owner will be richer by the difference. It could be a win-win situation for both the authorities and car owners.

It will be an economic booster for all, too, as money is retained in the country.

Visit TODAYonline website at http://www.todayonline.com

THIS DOCUMENT AND OTHER DOCUMENTS PROVIDED PURSUANT TO THIS PROGRAM ARE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.The information type should not be interpreted to be a commitment on the part of MediaCorp Press Ltd and MediaCorp Press Ltd cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information presented after the date of publication. INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. The user assumes the entire risk as to the accuracy and the use of this document.

TODAYonline newsletter e-mail may be copied and distributed subject to the following conditions:

1. All text must be copied without modification and all pages must be included 2. All copies must contain MediaCorp Press Ltd's copyright notice and any other notices provided therein 3. This document may not be distributed for profit

std gahmen reply

'we are sorry, in order to do this, we need to set up a high level steering committee to look into all the noks and crannies of this system. The current system is alredy working well, so dun rock the boat. The high-level committee would consist of personnel form the army, lest those cars be used as bombs in terriorist activities.

We thank you for your consideration and have a good day

from the pressing secretary orificelaugh.giflaugh.gif

haha...i alto i agree to the principles mentioned by this guy, it is not difficult to expect the gahmen to turn down such a request.

it is just a matter of what reasons they give for turning down such a request.

haha and i agree that the reason "current system is already working well" likely to be used again as a reason.

the other likely reason would be "such a system ensures a high standard of cars plying our roads, making our roads safer and enivroment cleaner"

the other likely reason would be "such a system ensures a high standard of cars plying our roads, making our roads safer and enivroment cleaner"

Only owner who maintain their cars well will keep a car in high standard. Typical BS reply if it is ever used. The reason why there are crapped out cars due to poor miantenance is because the current system encourages car owners to treat cars that way. If it is going to be exported, why the hell should the car owner keep it well maintained for the overseas buyer?

Just like parents shifting the blame to teachers for crapped out kids in school.

yeah loh.

there's no reason to keep the car long and in good condition when the car is almost worthless after 10 years and even the worth that it has (parf) cannot be converted to cash.

we may think we are smart, but the developing country pple are smarter to cash in on our follies and buy our good-conditioned cars at cheap price.

in fact by renewing the COE on the 10th yrs, one is actually buying back the car with scrap value (considering one will lose the parf if he does so) and top the COE. correct me if i am wrong.

↡ Advertisement