Where to get heat insulating material?

Nine_eleven

Yea agree. maybe u can see the plastic pipe lay ard where just buy a ducting hose connect it and move yr ducting hose to bumper there to draw cold air. I advise my friend to do tat as he wan keep he;s stock air box instead changing cone filter. he's drving picanto and he drill a circle hole on the fork light bumper part and place a PVC pipe wif nuts and screw there and connect a ducting hose till the stock air intake pipe. he's FC become better

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

so actualli heat shielding the air box is no use??

so what the effect (neg or pos) for bros out there who

heat shieding the air box? thks!!

Little 101 on heat shielding from my limited understanding...

Cold air is better for combustion as its denser (hence more oxygen per unit volume). Thats why your car feels more responsive at night.

Heat shielding is simply put --> to shield the air intake from the engine heat.

So if --> your air intake is drawing air from within the engine bay, you're not gonna help by insulating the air intake because the air is hot to begin with.

Heat insulation goes hand in hand with CAI.

But then again, practical experience (from others) has shown that there's little tangible benefits (ie you can't feel much).

So... don't waste your time and money on heat shielding.

Edited by Brandons

Neutral Newbie

hey guys i read on a website if u wrap ur petrol line with this insulating material , u will get more power .. as ur petrol doesnt get heated up in the engine bay... gonna try soon... gotta go buy the material first.

Neutral Newbie

Dear Bros, 

my experience of rubber insulation is Aeroflex EPDM rubber base , which has better heat and sound resistance , supplier at AMK techlink

#03-27.

Dear Bros, 

my experience of rubber insulation is Aeroflex EPDM rubber base , which has better heat and sound resistance , supplier at AMK techlink

#03-27.

Do you have the specifications of the material?

On 10/28/2005 at 1:26 PM, Nine_eleven said:

where can i find foam based heat insulating material? i wanna slap it over my airbox... and do my own heat shield

any clues?

you can try hushmat. got it for my wagon. stuck it on the firewall and bootfloor and it is all quiet out plus protects from temp too.. 

↡ Advertisement