Shock absorbers

Plakatboy

Hi,

driving a B14 Nissan Sunny. Shocks are due for change. Mechanic quoted $500 + for Sachs absorbers.

Anyone got recommendation to do it at a cheaper price? I'm considering going to JB this Saturday to check out the workshops there. Any good recommendation as well?

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

No question is stupid lah...we also not mechanic mah... so this is a good place to share info.

The norm for changing shocks is about 50000km. My ODO is 155000km so thats a good indication.

Secondly, when i go over humps , can feel that the rear shocks are not doing their job..ie they don't absorb the impact.

When i did my regular servicing, my mechanic confirmed that they are due for change when he showed me oil leaked stains on my rear shock.

Just called up OEM supplier for nissan. Rear shock $55 each. Front shock $110. Labour to change about $100 (incld wheels alignment) . To change in S'pore would set me back $430...probably checking out JB workshops to see if can get better price.

Bro would u be interested in Koni set of shock? I selling off, a full set of yellow shock, and a rear set of red koni, vogland spring or red spring. Price, can be neg.

Eh wats the milege on your konis? i'm not the performance oriented type lah. Looking more for day to day cheap and durable type of absorbers. [sweatdrop]

Anyway, you can PM me your indicative price. If i can match then i consider loh. Thanks for the offer anyway.

Actually i also not sure lah... saw a similar posting somewhere that says 50000km. Maybe someother experts here can correct me if i'm mistaken.

My car been getting bumpy recently...so mai tu liao...mechanic also showed me some stained marks. Looking forward to new shocks. [rolleyes]

For day t day driving, why not get KYB,OEM shocks. Sud cost abt $300 incl labour for all 4.

Tell yr mech to use the made in japan type. They r more lasting.

Currently I have them on my car, I been using them for about a year plus a bit, as for the price, you make an offer, I used to get them quite exp. Anyway, think will only remove them on dec when I get more cash to change to coilover. Thanks

Hi,

thanks for the advice. Considering between Tokico and KYB. Got a cheaper offer for Tokico so tend to favour this brand.

In between, $300 incld labour is real good deal. Can PM me the contact ? Thanks.