Toledo Cupra Project has reached an end

Vipertoledo

Hi guys,

Its been 4 years and I've learnt a lot from this project car. It has fantastic handling and constantly brings a smile to my face in any corner. It handles a lot better than my A4 now in every way (steering response, feedback, roll, precision, high speed stability, etc), but maybe the A4 will be better when its done. Its something that is very hard to part with and I know some people would be surprised at my decision, but unfortunately I can't support 2 project cars heh..heh... Even my wife doesn't want me to let go of the Tody...

For now, my Tody is better than the A4 in handling, sound insulation, boot space, foldable rear seats. All it lacks is the 1.8T engine, otherwise its perfect for me.

Well, its up for sale, preferably in whole as-is, unless there are no takers in the next 3 months, then I'll let go parts.

For those who has wondered what mods I've done to the car, well, its all here:

http://www.mycarforum.com/classifieds/classifieds.pl?id=2054

Of course, some of the project pics are in this forum, some burnt down in the old seatsg forum. But I still have them if anyone requests [:)]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

The next fella who buys his immaculately, well maintained and pristined Toledo will be one lucky fella boy!!!! [nod]

Its almost macam brand new and drives better than a standard and stock Toledo!!! [thumbsup]

Sad to see it go............ [smallcry]

Well, life goes on..... [sunny]

I must say that I am very attracted by Viper's Toledo. You can fell the passion and love of the owner on this car from the details of his description.

Really sad to see if it ends up at the dealer.

Let me think about it...

I've always wanted a turbo-charged engine, but 4 years ago not enough money. I've even explored importing a 1.8T Toledo from Europe and transfer all my mods over, then it would be perfect. But the Audi A4 1.8T Quattro manual came along recently and I've always wanted that platform to start with because it is 4-wheel drive and manual transmission.

If I gave up modifying cars as a hobby, then I would keep the Toledo and not buy the Audi. For the next couple of years, the 1.8T would allow me to modify to a new level, so that's my plan.

Cool. I understand your feeling. I even turn back to wave to my previous ride when it was "sitting" by itself in the scrapyard. [bigcry]

But my question was actually directed at Phalanx [:p] . I think he changed to an Astra 1.8 if he's the same Phalanx which I known from SOOG.

Cheers.

Neutral Newbie

Short-sightedness coupled with irrationality made me change my ride.

I'm happier with my previous ride as the drive is much better. The current car is rather clinical and without emotions. The power is there though.

Haha, I think i need to drive a Seat to really know how you felt.

My experience with Seat was actually close to 20years back when I was still a kid. I remember attending a launch with my dad and if I'm not wrong, the car horn is a small tab behind the steering wheel.

Is this a unique feature of Seat like the Saab where the ignition slot is in the center beside the handbrake?

Cheers

Neutral Newbie

hah no. our interior was derived from the Audi A3 so there, audi-like thingy inside. nice 3-spoke leather clad steering wheel and loud stock horn.

ok ok, don't bring our Astra stock horn in here.. it's an embarasement. [blush]

Anyway, like i said, my experience with Seat is quite long ago. Maybe Brother ViperToledo can let me sit in his Seat before he let it go. [sly]

Ha... having a seat in a SEAT is harmless [laugh] but you might get hooked [:p]

Anyway, after the MX-5 accident, everybody's going to be really cautious about test-drive. I'll let you know when is a good time to try.

I would say that the driving experience in a Toledo has raised my standards so high, even my wife who is not a car fan has come to criticise so many other cars. Its funny when I hear her comments and look back at the time when she thought a car is just a car and any japanese car is good enough. Now very very few cars can satisfy her criteria.

Yes, that's the factory paint colour. Only a few units in Singapore has this colour. This colour blends in very well with the factory smoked headlights. When I saw it, love at first signt in the showroom. I'll post the colour code to you tomorrow.

↡ Advertisement