Any RC enthusiast here?

Madarmour

Bros,

Any of you here indulge yoursef in radio controlled cars? Nitro powered RC cars? Saw some guys playing with these cars at Marina South yesterdays and sort of got infected.

Quite keen on getting an offroader 4X4.

Need advise. Thanks!

post-49-1043728161_thumb.jpg

post-49-1043728162_thumb.jpg

post-49-1043728163_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Yo bro...well done...S7, JGoh and I were thinking along these lines too...good...another one...we keep posted ya!!!!thumbsup.gif

my bro also has a gas engined 4x4 with monster tyres....... lemme borrow from him (actually i paid for it but he did the assemblying) and let's have some fun.... [thumbsup]

there are some touring cars with 156 body racing around.....

Edited by Super7

(edited)

Actually I am looking at this brand called Kyosho. What I want is versality. The Buggy and Scooby share the same chassis. With different set of wheels/tyres and body, I can switch between these two. The monster truck is a different thing altogether.

Have you made any research?

I'll be going to Hobby Bug at Marina South with Richard today at 3.00pm for a fact-finding mission. If you are free, drop by.

Edited by Mikeckchong

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifKyosho is one of the netter brands...My regular place is at Bt Timah Shopping Centre...hmmm, we are seeing a little of 'boys' in each of us, ha???thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Can range from $300-$400 depending oin which controller u use also...I know of some die hard that spend arnd ~$1-2kshakehead.gifshakehead.gif

Monster truck? Cool........ What brand is it? Any advise you can offer?

Not really keen on those low bodied racing cars as I need to play them at proper tracks so no 156 for me.

I'll be going to Hobby Bug at Marina South with Richard today at 3.00pm for a fact-finding mission. If you are free, drop by.

Neutral Newbie

I recently got myself a Subaru Impreza WRC RC for kicks [cool] . It's powered by NiCad batteries though [rolleyes] .

Believe me, it's powerful for me already. However, wouldn'y mind trying my hands on a nitro powered machine though [bounce1] .

i have collected/accumulated parts enough to put together 2-3 rc cars but they will look like chapchai........ it's fun to 'create' something from 'junks'...... when you guys get your new rc machines, watch out for my 'frankinstein' machine hor..... dun play play..... [sly][sly]

see ya there at around 3pm..... [thumbsup] .... the couple who runs the shop are Benny and ........ (oopps, forgot her name, but she drives a Honda S2000, Benny drives a T4, maybe T5 now.......), nice couple and very helpful.......

i think you are making the good choice:- off-road with either rex or buggy body... can play anywhere and no need to look for flat track........ [thumbsup][thumbsup] ........ you will enjoy 'playing' with different settings for camber, toe-in, castor, shock rates, spring rates, gear ratio, AF mixture, throttle setting, etc etc........

>>.... you will enjoy 'playing' with different settings for camber, toe-in, castor, shock rates, spring rates, gear ratio, AF mixture, throttle setting, etc etc........

Just like real cars............ [sly]

↡ Advertisement