Upholstery for DIY

Knightskid

Oh i see....i do pass by Spotlight at Plaza Singapura alot of times but didnt go in even once becos i thought they are selling all household fabroc stuffs.....that is why when u said Spotlight do sell fabric that can use for car....i am quite surprising. Thank you so much...keke....then i shall make a trip down to Spotlight and take a see see look look.....

Btw, fri jus went to Autobac and saw something alike fabric which can jus paste to panel. Bought a small pack to try it pasting onto my b-pillar and see how is the outcome....

Oh....i am not going to strip my whole car....

if i got the fabric i want, i will jus want to take out the aircon panel, b-pillar panel, door panel and also whatever panel that easy to yank out...keke....

of cos not all panel are going to paste fabric.....will see see how it can goes using fabric.....if those cannot use fabric, will bring it to spray paint shop for spraying......

Hi bto, I'm also into DIY or getting shops to go it for my panels and pillar covers

Either in leather/half leather or alcantra

Also thought of fabric, but somehow, i think fabric will fade colour after exposed to sun, unless its like those mercedes, where their pillar cover is in fabric, which is resistant to fading and moulding after a long time in the elements.

Another problem is how are you gonna glue the thing to the car panels? Cuz if its too thin, the grey plastic will show beneath.. too thick the panel won't fit back easily

Alcantra is nice and classy but difficult to source... heard many leather shops don't carry these materials.. :(

Another is thicker soft carpet material to replace my polyester floor carpet.. current carpet not nice to touch.. I've taken out my seats and centre console before for doing s/p so takin out the carpet is not a problem...

the problem is getting the right material and goodworkmanship and good price... hahhaha real problem

Using the yellow glue that those bicycle shops using for patching tyre. If the fabric is too thin, i will paste it onto a piece of foam and then paste it onto the panel.

As u said "Alcantra"? What so good abt this material?

So, you are using soft carpet for ur floor pan. So great if can see your picture......

as for me...hmm....i only think of jus laying a whole piece of 3M mat onto my floor pan....keke.....

Yup...Popok....any upholstery shop will able to get ur steering wheel done....but if u wanna DIY....can buy it from overseas. All and all plus shipping is around $100 bucks...and the package will teach you how to go abt sewing in 60mins time.

Website that i do look for is www.wheelskins.com ...........keke...

hmmm... Imagine applying glue to curtain material.. do you think the curtain fabric will harden?

I think need to consult upholstery shops.. they can cut and sew the fabric to shape and then glue the hidden side to the panel.

Alcantra is used to line the dash of porsches. It gives the dash a soft touch feel. Even the S-class use only leather for their dash trim

Oh i see....i do pass by Spotlight at Plaza Singapura alot of times but didnt go in even once becos i thought they are selling all household fabroc stuffs.....that is why when u said Spotlight do sell fabric that can use for car....i am quite surprising. Thank you so much...keke....then i shall make a trip down to Spotlight and take a see see look look.....

Btw, fri jus went to Autobac and saw something alike fabric which can jus paste to panel. Bought a small pack to try it pasting onto my b-pillar and see how is the outcome....

hi - since u pass by Spotlight often, u can always take a look [:)] . DIY interior surface not easy.... i haven't managed to do it myself..... good luck [thumbsup]

thanks for ur kind feedback..i will see how.... sweatdrop.gif

i did went to Spotlight yest nite...and they dun sell any leather of vinyl material.....but i did found animal fur type of fabric...quite interesting....keke....

btw, any bros here know where to get polyfoam?

↡ Advertisement