Head Lamp has mist inside. Help !

Tploh

My left head lamp seems to have mist / water inside. There seems to be a leak on the sealing of the head lamp.

What can I do ?

↡ Advertisement

Just one thing actually.

leave it for a few day for the vapour to evaporate.

This is mainly due to the headlight is not water-tight. (maybe by design or workmanship)

Frankly saw that happen to KIA and HONDA too. (esp the Euro Accord) I think most of the Euro Accord use to have this problem (saw that in Singapore and also macau)

Take photo first is just in case that when you go to the agent's place the next day or next moment and the mist inside your head lamp happened to dry up liao [:p] at least you still have evidence to show them [;)]

my passenger side fog light also have water. But not in the bulb region, its flushed with the bumper with a peice of clear plastic. inside wet even when it never rains. Noticed it after expressway sxxt created a hole beneath my foggies [dead]

My left head lamp seems to have mist / water inside. There seems to be a leak on the sealing of the head lamp.

What can I do ?

Well fastest way to clear it is to remove all the bulbs and use a hair dryer on low heat. Be careful not to melt the black plastic. blow for a short while then stop and repeat till the headlamp is clear again.

Also check that the U shaped rubber "hose" attached to the drain hole is there (yes you read right, all headlamps are not 100% sealed!!!).

If its not its very easy for water to enter.

If thats still there then the headlight isnt sealed properly and water is entering from another "hole" between the clear bit and the black plastic.

zyro can't be helped... his is between the foggie and the plastic protector. in your case, check that the U shaped rubber bit is still attached to the back. other than the projector ones, every OE foglamp other than the mini's bumper mounted ones i've seen has a drain hole as well.

What can I do ?

Years ago my honda civic also like that after just 3 months. I went back to KM and bang tables n they replaced the rubber rim n then ok liao

Hi:

U can drill one or two small holes below the the headlight plastic casing...this way no mist trapped inside.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3