Honda City 2G Vtec

Quantum

This type of car is very rare on the road now, but I found a lot of private driving instructor choice it, I was driving this model car, its clutch is not easy to balance at low gear, and jerk at 1st and 2nd gear, why so many instructor use it as learning car?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I have used the same ride when learning driving. It's a rather smooth and hard tough cookie. Decent design and honda brand/reputation...however due to the "awkward" design of the new city, the instructors rather get mit lancer/vios, etc.

Neutral Newbie

Sorry juz wanna make up for the postings to post a new thread.

Got sper urgernt stuff need to consult you experts out there.

I have used the same ride when learning driving. It's a rather smooth and hard tough cookie. Decent design and honda brand/reputation...however due to the "awkward" design of the new city, the instructors rather get mit lancer/vios, etc.

Maybe city are not for learners [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie
This type of car is very rare on the road now, but I found a lot of private driving instructor choice it, I was driving this model car, its clutch is not easy to balance at low gear, and jerk at 1st and 2nd gear, why so many instructor use it as learning car?

Haha, you have managed to revive some of my memories when I was with SSDC a few years back. I really had phobia driving a manual car. I remember they were using the civics. Anyway, the half-clutch things always gave me headache. Even on my test day, my car vibrate and engine went dead because of improper half-clutching. Somehow I still managed to pass [lipsrsealed]. Since then, I still do not have confidence driving a manual.

The only other manual car that I'd tried before was an Isuzu pickup. I guess the torque must be tremendous, as it just refused to die off even though I anyhow half-clutch it. I wonder if half-clutch is necessary for the pickup in the first place. I used the pick-up as a tuition car at a construction site (that I worked) to "supplement" the lessons at SSDC as it was very expensive. Wrong move I guess, the feel of clucthing at SSDC was so much different. The car stalled frequently during lessons, and maybe this was the reason [confused]

↡ Advertisement