Bosch GEX 270AE

Garlic

Hi guys,

Planning to dump my B&D KP600 for a better machine and I have the Bosch GEX 270AE in mind, any comments about this machine?

Was told this machine cost around $150 and can be fitted with 6" pads(using the velcro system).

Anyone knows where is a good place to get one? I sent Bosch an email and was told its out of stock till end of December. [dead]

Any other machines to recommend? My budget is ard $200 for the machine.

Tks :)

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro Garlic, I think you just got to wait for the stock to come in, it seems like out of stock everywhere. For a budget of $200, quite difficult to recommand any other machine [:p] .

I don't mind spending a little more but as always, trying to keep the costs down and at the same time get the most value out from my $$$.

Any comments on the brand DeWALT? Went to a few hardware shops and they don't carry this brand.

dw44317sg.jpg

Neutral Newbie

This is another good DA machine you can buy but more expansive than Bosch Gex270AE. However if I'm not wrong, they stop bringing this model to SIngapore liao [:(] .

Neutral Newbie

If I'm not wrong that is a dust extractor unit. This machine is initially develop for wood working, so as not to let the wood dust fly around, the dust extractor is created for this purpose. If you using it as a car polishing tool than you can actually dismentle it from the main body.

Any comments on the brand DeWALT? Went to a few hardware shops and they don't carry this brand.

Just wanna add ,DeWalt is a division of Black and Decker .

Neutral Newbie

Just happen to drop by a major hardware shop today and was told the Dewalt DA machine is officailly out of stock few months back liao. The current model come with only 1 speed and I think not so applicable for car polishing purpose. But I do happen to spot another DA machine with variable speed control, most properly trying out this weekend and if good will feedback here.

Found the GEX270AE @ a hardware shop in Loyang, got the polishing & finishing pads from Hypercoat.

Will start detailing tomorrow. [nod]

picture48as.jpg

picture58bj.jpg

Seems that this is the only random orbiter BOSCH brings into S'pore, I emailed them regarding a few other models but they are not meant for our market. [shakehead]

Is the GEX270AE using the 2/3-pin plug as the power supply?

Not those using the car 12V or portable recharger battery, right?

I always have this concern in buying a DA, becos' power supply is a problem to me.

The GEX270AE uses a 3 pin plug and draws power from the mains.

Was told by Hypercoat they will be bringing in a new range of cordless random orbiters very soon.

They are the local distributor for Meguiars. :)

-------------------------------------------------------

Hypercoat Enterprises Pte Ltd

No. 1 , Loyang Way 6 , Singapore 507076

REPUBLIC OF SINGAPORE

Tel: 65-65428989 Fax: 65-65453577

SITA: SINHECR

E-Mail: [email protected]

Web Sites : www.hypercoat.com.sg

-------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Garlic
↡ Advertisement