Cheating and mixing oils

Spade

Neutral Newbie

Have you heard? have you seen? have you experienced? I catch many mechanics in SG and AU doing this all the time on other peoples cars, they charge you for fully synthetic oil, yet top up your car with mineral oil. They do it ALL the time. the only way to make sure is that you physically see them pour the good stuff in.

↡ Advertisement

My RP once ended up in someone else's car instead of mine, found out after I did a test before driving off. The oil in my engine was golden instead of light purple .... [thumbsdown][:|]

Complained to the manager and after some investigation, found out the mech poured the oil into the wrong car. [sweatdrop]

Was compensated with 4 bottles of RP and after this incident, I never bring along my own oil for servicing anymore. The service bay is out-of-bounds to us and we never know if we are getting the right oil .... [:/]

This is why you should......DIY! sly.gif

Let me tell you the truth about DIY oil change. It saves time. Yes, I'm crazy. Doesn't those workshops do it quicker, since they have all the equipment and they do 100s of them a day? Yes and no. If you usually only have weekends to do such things on your car, so does everyone else in this island and JB! You'll have to wait 30 minutes to maybe 2 hours or whole day just to get an oil change! Believe me, I've done that, and that's when I got sick of it and decided to do it on my own.

I come home. Oil is hot and toasty. Put drain pan below, open crankcase filler cap, remove dipstick. Keep these in the boot, flick the Fumoto and go home eat dinner. Come back from dinner or watching TV after dinner, remove oil filter, fit in new filter, close the valve, fill with new oil, replace the cap and dipstick. I don't even start the car because I know how much oil the car needs. Go back and sleep, have sex or something.

[thumbsup] & not to mention u save the labour $$ oso

Go dump it at a workshop after they are closed for the night

Gd idea [laugh] I nv tot of that

Cheers

Edited by Atlantis_boi

Wahaha... like dat not very nice leh.

Wait tomolo newspaper headline is "BOY CAUGHT FOR ILLEGALLY DUMPING OILS AT WORKSHOP"

↡ Advertisement