2006 Toyota Estima

Billy77

Neutral Newbie

Problem is its not as "cool" as it sounds. You have to first "park" the car near a clearly outlined parking lot and after that use the arrows on the touch screen to calibrate the car for parking.

Then once all set up you hit the parking button but you still need to hold the brake and control the speed at which it parks. As far as I can see this is what I call 1 step forward and 2 steps backward!

I think I can park faster manually than use this new system. However it is still new and I guess in a couple of years time it can park itself intelligently, till then I'll stick to manual parking.

Ohh only the 3.5l Aeras version comes with this and that is bloody expensive [thumbsdown] might as well buy the Hybrid Estima for that price lol.

↡ Advertisement

Hi Bro Psylence,

Glad to hear that someone else is also waiting for his estima. So how much did you brought it for and which PI you brought from

Neutral Newbie

Hey bro SMS,

listed price was $102k but after rebate and all it's $92k.

Got mine from Pinnacle Motors they have a very good package. The "7 in 1" package and they pay for the 1st 6 mths of raod tax which for this kind of car is high enough for me to appreciate.

I can't wait for the damn car man especially with the 7 in 1 package and the sun and moon roof. Got them to throw in front sensor for free as well and gonna get them to install a rear view LCD screen.

What about you?

Cheers!

Hi Bro,

Got mine from motor traders at S$99688 before rebate for the x version with 2 moonroof and 1 power door. They having promotion and it comes with the HOMA Package which includes Leather Seats, Rear Reverse Camera, DVD/MP3 Player, 17" sports rims and tyres, Wood Trimming, Car mats, HID headlights... also includes 6 months road tax.

Neutral Newbie

Hmmmm that is intersting....coz that is the same package that Pinnacle Motors is having and they said HOMA is their own brand.

Maybe motor traders and Pinnacle are affiliates [confused]

Anyway I feel it is a good buy and will be going down later to settle on the insurance package and some other stuffs. I am hoping will get a SGL plate instead of SGK coz current car is SFL....wanna keep the "L" thing going hehee.... [sunny]

Ohhh are you aware that the LCD screen on the dashboard can be updated with some new software end of this year that will include GPS for Singapore and Malaysia. My SE says it'll cost around $1k plus and is currently being beta tested locally. Will certainly look forward to that as well.

Neutral Newbie

By the way you can go this page and see some of the cool accesories available for the Estima. Not sure if we can use them in Singapore or whether the PI can even install them.

Be warned thought he page is in Japanese just try clicking evey link and play around with it. Interesting site = http://toyota.jp/estima/dop/interior/index.html

I was thinking of getting the blue thing ont he top right hand corner of that page, that makes the Estima word glow blue at the Stepping entrance.

Gonna ask the PI if he can do that hehee... [cool]

Hi Bro..

That looks cool.. btw what color is your new ride. Saw a black one with bodykit the other day. Looks extremely sporty yet classy too..

Neutral Newbie

Mine is the dark blue colour. Was really undecided whether to take the Red or the Dark Blue....in the end took the Dark Blue coz we are not sure how the red will look like.

However 2 days ago my wife said she saw a red one and it looks really sporty and nice. Only drawback is that the rear lights blend in witht he red colour of the body and makes it look dull. So will just stick with the Dark Blue.

I agree the black one is really nice and calssy but as always also easiest to get dirty.

By the way are you going to fix a roof mounted LCD? Am trying to source for one...the PI says theirs is not very good and rather expensive and advised me to get from "outside". You know a good lobang for that.

Eh you also never tell me your colour..hehee...

Hi Bro Psylence

Got the silver one. However today feng shui master say my lucky color is red.. now got headache.. don't know should i change.

Neutral Newbie

Lol...thankfully I don't believe in Feng Shui!

Anyways that is a very nice colour as well. I just saw one just now. Mine is supposed to be delivered in 7 days time what is the delivery date for yours?

Oh BTW Pinnacle Motors and Motor Traders are the same company. What ppl here refer to as the 6-in-1 company.

Cherio!

Neutral Newbie

hi bro.....

both company are under the same boss....as many in the forum call them 5 in 1 company, cos 5 different name company under same boss. [gossip]

Hi everyone, I would like to seek your kind advice on whether a 2006 model Estima or Previa comes with ISOFIX points. Tried to search online but can't get a definite answer. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Ryan_ryosuke
↡ Advertisement