Menzerna FPII + 1Z Glanz + Soft99 Authentic Wax Excellent = Good Combo?

Ic3ncok3

wanna ask the opinions of some of the pros at detailing here.

used to be an autoglym supporter, but now that my supply is running out, im tempted to try something else. After much surfing around and reading, im thinking of trying this combination:

1) Menzerna FPII

2) 1Z Glanz Wax

3) Soft99's Authentic Wax Excellent

would it prove to be a good combination? or will anyone of them negate the effects of another?

looking for all opinions/feedback.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Bro, why would you use Authentic Excellent on top of Glanz Wax?

If you are using FPII, then you have an acrlic base, but no sealant. I don't recall Glanz Wax being an acrlic sealant, so it looks like you are topping wax A with wax B and I don't quite comprehend the intention there.

My suggestion would be for you to top off FPII with either FMJ or Klasse HSGS, and then follow-up with Authentic Excellent. :)

Neutral Newbie
If you are using FPII, then you have an acrlic base

I didn't know FPII is an acrlic base product [confused]

A quote from Proper Auto Care,

"Menzerna Final Polish II is a water-based polish, safe for fresh paint or factory cured paint with or without a clear coat"

Edited by Gen2

Apart from HGAS, I can't think of any Menzerna product with acrylic.

FPII definitely doesn't leave any protection behind, it is strictly a polishing product.

FPII / Glanz / Authentic will work fine.

thnks for the feedback bros, will try out the combi and put up some pics after.......thinking of using the combo to groom the car for the coming CNY.... [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

paiseh, paiseh. got finger happy, and ended up typing the wrong info. You're right that FPII is water based, and only HGAS is acrylic. HGAS and HGSG are acrylic sealants.

back on the topic, i think a good combination would be to establish an acrylic layer first, then top off with wax. just saw gen2's work with Natty's Blue and if you have a black car, I think it would be a very good choice to go on top of with HGAS or HGSG which should provide you with a decent level of protection should you have no time to maintain the wax layer

....provide you with a decent level of protection should you have no time to maintain the wax layer

my reason for using glanz wax is precisely this. i have considered trying an acrylic sealant but thought i might try out Glanz first. will keep the tip in mind for when i run out of glanz. thnks for the feedback. [;)]

Neutral Newbie

Hey Bro Ghoon & Bro Gen2, Both my trusted grooming gurus cum advisers!

How do u find the combo...in sequence (After car wash and dry [sly] :

1. Z2 Pro (sealant above paintwork for shine)

2. Z6 (Extra shine)

3. Mczerna HGAS (For a layered protection)

I will have both shine and protecion equally... [scholar]

Comments?

Neutral Newbie

By right, yes, but I'm experiencing some problems with HGAS on Zaino. Doesn't seem to bond right and streaks really badly. Will be doing more tests in the next week, but in the meantime, hang in there