Broquet No Effect on Alfa 156

Vit4wd

As above, complained a customer at Autobacs this morning.

The reply he got was that Broquet is better for long distance driving.

Which I intepret as Broquet helps you to save fuel only during long distance highway driving.

Any Tom, Dick or Harry knows that long distance highway driving gives any car excellent fuel economy.

So what is the use of Broquet in the first place???

↡ Advertisement

Broquet is one mod I thought long and hard about....

Ultimately I didn't install it cos it costs too much for what it does and the technology involved simply don't make any sense to me.

For $800+ for the Top-fueller, I might as well get the car chipped instead. [hur]

Edited by Darth_mel

Neutral Newbie

Agree. Its $800 price-tag can buy a common desktop computer though its technology is 1/2 century old. Looking at the contruction and the tin alloy pallets, surely the cost is less a 1/4 of the price if not of the lavished commercials.

Perhaps, you might want to consider its less advertised sibling Fuel Cat @ http://www.mycarforum.com/classifieds/classifieds.pl?id=2455

If broquet works, those oil companies must look silly investing billions of dollars in hydrocracking. Just put giant broquets around the oil refinery and turn crude into jet fuel. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Not sure if many out there can explain effect of catalyst. Example, can anyone explain how Cat Converter converts so much of CO and unburnt smelly hydrocarbon to water vapour and carbon dioxide when these hot gases passes over the ceramic meshes.

Maybe the point here is whether we have read enough or at least objectively and correctly tried it before before passing sweeping statement. It might be interesting if we telling each other how smart we are from what we actually don't know enough about.

Is there any different putting the catalyst before the fuel rail and installing it at the kiosk?

Don't understand the mentality. In the first place, want to save fuel, shouldn't even drive an Alfa. Even a Honda Accord 2.4L will drink less fuel than an Alfa. Alfas are meant to be DRIVEN, REVVED and thrown around, not to be driven by wusses who are concerned that a gadget is going to give them an additional 1km/l.

Don't understand the mentality. In the first place, want to save fuel, shouldn't even drive an Alfa. Even a Honda Accord 2.4L will drink less fuel than an Alfa. Alfas are meant to be DRIVEN, REVVED and thrown around, not to be driven by wusses who are concerned that a gadget is going to give them an additional 1km/l.

totally agree with your statement [laugh]