Menzerna P085RD is avaliable in Singapore!

Garlic

Oops, edited my post as I forgot to include the images. [sweatdrop]

You might want to contact Kenton regarding your pads. I could not go down to their office and arranged to meet him on weekends instead. [:)]

↡ Advertisement

Got the chance to use PO85RD and PO85RD 3.01 yesterday.

PO85RD 3.01

I find it easier to use as compared to Meguiar's #83 DACP, its consistency is like cream.

It produces less dust than DACP and has a long work life, its a little more aggressive if not as aggressive as DACP. The finish it produces is also better(no hazing).

PO85RD

Used this product as final polish, it has very little cutting power and spreads easily. Consistency wise its slightly thicker than Meguiar's #80 speedglaze. I experienced almost no dusting with this product and the finish it produces is wonderful. The paint has a nice and deep gloss with extremely good clarity.

One more thing I noticed about both products like that a little goes a long way. A small dab(abt $0.20 coin size) is more than enough for me to do the entire panel. On smaller panels, I use lesser.

One thing though, this product will smear and a bull to remove if you apply too much.

Neutral Newbie

thanks for sharing the information. very useful

but do you use hand or machine polish? 20 cent size enuf for your to do one panel?

laugh.gif wait haven finish yet.. U need to have Intensive polish as well depending on yr paintwork condition..106 is just final finish Edited by Maddriver

Neutral Newbie
106 is a improve of 85RD

no lah...they were both formulated at the same time using different level of aggressiveness. The PO106FF is slightly more aggressive but that's not saying much.

For the US market, the rights to PO85RD has been bought over by Blackfire (I think) and integrate into their product lineup. Someone states correctly that products like FMJ etc are independently made in USA and slapped with a Menzerna sticker and not formulated by Menzerna R&D in Germany. Wonder how well they worked together as a system if the base formulation are different?

Yep, IMHO PO106FF is good enough.

PO85RD can't do much to surface defects, its more like a burnishing polish.

PO106FF on the other hand is more aggressive and produces the same level of gloss, you can see the chart @ http://menzerna.de/files/E_Pads.pdf

Bad thing about the Menzerna range is that it has a slightly steeper learning curve and produces a fair amount of dust. From my experience, results are better with a rotary as compared to DA.

Price wise, PO106FF is more expensive than PO85RD.

Yes, both products are the original German range.

Neutral Newbie

Anyone would keen to share PO85RD 3.01 and PO85RD?

Even if I polish my ride every 6-9months, that 1 litre polish will probably take years to finish.

↡ Advertisement