Sportage VS Tucson (Advice needed fast)

Vincent

Neutral Newbie

Hi all forum bros...I know this question is not new here but i still don't few comfortable about some questions. Maybe someone can convince me on really which SUV to go for. :(

Understand from reading here that the FC and performance of both are similar......(am i right?)

I went to C&C as well as Hyndai last weekend. Tucson selling at 62K and Sportage at $63.99K. At a lower price Hyndai is offering me a higher price (2K more) to buy my old car vs C&C. Off hand, i will save 4K if i go for Tuscon.

I love the look of Sportage and don't mind paying for the 4K just to get it. But i am worried about the resale price that i will get when i want to sell it off in years to come.

Anyone can advice please?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

IF you are only having these two in mind den i suggest u go for sportage.

Tucson is a 2WD...erm sportage i think is a 4WD...correct me if i am wrong.

Neutral Newbie

I would guess that you just needed someone to tell you go for it.... I can see that you have more or less decided that you wanted sportage... jus needed a assurance...

Since you dun mind the 4k diff.. I dun see why would you worry so much abt the resale... anyway there is no such things as good resales price in Sing.. it will be the paper value + a little bit more...

Get what your heart tells you.. esp in this case when both tuc and sportage is abt the same.... down to the engines....

Take the $4K (7%) saving option. It is immediate and it is now. In ten years time, it could grow to $5K.

Internationally, Kia is less reputable than Hyundai.

Neutral Newbie

The thought of resale came to me because of the following experience i encountered last weekend.

My friend is selling is ford focus (bought at 82K 2.5 years ago) and the resale price is only 43K.

I am selling my corolla (bought at 82.5K 4 years ago) and resale price is 46K.

Its a hell lot of different between the two.

Yes, my heart is telling me to go for Sportage....But my mind is just too calculative to just go ahead with the purchase.

Yeah...though Kia is less reputable than Hyundai...it is definitely known to most drivers that Hyundai cars are realli heavy drinkers irregardless of their engine capacity. Personally me will go for Kia cos it looks more sporty than Hyundai.

Check out the Fuel Consumption database. Both the Tucson and Sportage are gonna just be as fuel hungry, so no difference here. All else being equal, personally I'll pick the Tucson over Sportage, cos i prefer Hyundai over Kia, and also Komoco over C&C. But that's just me.. [;)]

Neutral Newbie

My friend is selling is ford focus (bought at 82K 2.5 years ago) and the resale price is only 43K.

I am selling my corolla (bought at 82.5K 4 years ago) and resale price is 46K.

you cannot compare like that as I believe the paper value of your toyota and the ford is different...

Neutral Newbie

Go with your heart...at least u will drive a car u like. [;)]

All SUVs drinks lots of petrol...u should know that when u are going for a SUV.

If you want to buy hyundai why not wait for the release of the new santa fe??

Agree with some of the bros here...sportage is more sportier looking. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

I am a near 1 year old Tucson owner...25k(km)

No problem or major issue with the car (2 wh dr) but muz say its pretty under power for the weight... (installed Unichip to boost)

If I have the choice to decide on a car all over again, I'll pick the forester SUV.

More ex, but more Omp for the buck...(turbo somemore).

Delay on your purchase alittle and save alittle more for that extra bundle of fun.

To make a Tucson to perform like a forester in terms of FC, torque & hp, u will have to spend probably more ...

Neutral Newbie

I have more or less decided to go for KIA despite the opposition i have from many of my friends. I guess sometimes its always better to follow my heart...Thanks all bros for your advice. [laugh]

I hope I am not too late too give you an advise ... go for the Tuc Tuc ... so many options for upgrade and accessorizing ... Sportage is very limited ...

Trust me ... I am driving a Sportage ... its a headache looking for accessories ... Tuc Tuc accessories are readily available and cheaper ... dirt cheap ... [;)]

Neutral Newbie

No....its not too late. I have changed my mind after seeing Tuscon drop another 2K off the selling price today. Ordered the SUV and will be delivered by 26th this month..yeah.. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Remember to join the guys out at www.sgtog.org

Crazy bunch of ppl who really enjoy their Tuc.

Congrats and welcome

Regards

Chow Ah Beng

Hi all forum bros...I know this question is not new here but i still don't few comfortable about some questions. Maybe someone can convince me on really which SUV to go for. :(

Understand from reading here that the FC and performance of both are similar......(am i right?)

I went to C&C as well as Hyndai last weekend. Tucson selling at 62K and Sportage at $63.99K. At a lower price Hyndai is offering me a higher price (2K more) to buy my old car vs C&C. Off hand, i will save 4K if i go for Tuscon.

I love the look of Sportage and don't mind paying for the 4K just to get it. But i am worried about the resale price that i will get when i want to sell it off in years to come.

Anyone can advice please?

Hyundai better resale price ....

↡ Advertisement