How useful is higher pressure radiator cap?

Orixy

"I thot I saw a discussion in another thread that higher temp gives better FC. Hmm... Well, it that theory is true, then a higher bar cap will improve FC as the cap will hold the pressure of boiling from 0.9bar to 1.3bar before releasing. Right?"

>> But your theory should be reversed cos the higher 1.3bar cap will help the engine decrease its temp instead of increasing. Hmm... [confused]

↡ Advertisement

Guys, this morning I have fitted the 1.3bar rad cap. All other stuff intact, only rad cap changed.

It should be my placebo effect cos I did feel that engine is more torquey and responsive instantly. Earlier on my way home after work, I also felt that engine is more responsive. [sly]

I know a change to higher bar rad cap won't give much noticeable performance gains, but what the heck, the cap cost $30 and I do feel better with it. Hee... [drivingcar]

Will monitor FC see how... [rolleyes]

• Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro....radiator cap main purpose is to release steam at designed temp so u can see that ur engine is over temp....i also brings higher boiling pt with higher bar...always stick will the original rating,.,...changing radiator cap doesnt impprove FC or power....