Proud of your RIMS? Post it HERE!

Chneo1982

The red trim looks great! Hows the damage?  [knife]

LS tyre quoted me at S$590 per pc.

I imported direct from Japan was 30% cheaper, inclusive GST & FedEx.

• Praise 1

How about labour? Brought back to LS tyre ask them fix?  [laugh]

• Praise 1

How about labour? Brought back to LS tyre ask them fix?  [laugh]

Bro,

I dun do that, I went to other tyre shop to install, S$60 including balancing.

Can share where did u import from directly? Any websites?

• Praise 1

Hi, may I know any Bros did big brake kit? Is it good and will it cause the car to lean forward during braking?

I'm also concerned on warranty issues as my dealer said will void warranty for entire brake system, including ABS module and traction control.

Hi, may I know any Bros did big brake kit? Is it good and will it cause the car to lean forward during braking?

I'm also concerned on warranty issues as my dealer said will void warranty for entire brake system, including ABS module and traction control.

my humble 2.5 cents - it will definitely be more "bitey" but question is do u really need it?

unless u have a heavily souped up ride or you are on a performance car (which should come with BBK as standard) - otherwise, it is really more for aesthetics purpose I feel (which definitely looks nice esp. if u are on big rims haha)

do note - go for reputable full original sets and not those mixed/match types (e.g. big no no to original brembo calipers with third party rotors). Brands u can consider are Brembo and AP Racing. For local brand, there is API Racing.

• Praise 1

For bbk, it's not a matter of need or don't need, just a matter of want or don't want.

Got spare cash to pay full, want to enhance the looks, not scared of warranty, just do it.

Your money your choice.

For me, bbk is a must because I love the looks. I don't need the performance cos stock brakes are good enough for normal driving.

Brake bias will change. Don't oversize it. It's not bigger = better.

Like what the bro said, buy reputable brands. Only AP Racing or Brembo for eg. More easily available.

If you are concerned with warranty then don't do it.

• Praise 1

For bbk, it's not a matter of need or don't need, just a matter of want or don't want.

Got spare cash to pay full, want to enhance the looks, not scared of warranty, just do it.

Your money your choice.

For me, bbk is a must because I love the looks. I don't need the performance cos stock brakes are good enough for normal driving.

Brake bias will change. Don't oversize it. It's not bigger = better.

Like what the bro said, buy reputable brands. Only AP Racing or Brembo for eg. More easily available.

If you are concerned with warranty then don't do it.

Thanks all for comments. Me too want the looks only because I'm on 18" Volk racing. Not so much on the braking performance as stock brakes are good also.

But is it worth to forgo warranty and go for the looks?

Also, there are many chiong brembo and AP in the market.

Worth it or not to forgo warranty, it's up to individual. You have to weigh the pros and cons yourself. Pragmatic folks will say not worth it. Enthusiasts will say just do it.

Brake feel definitely improves because of SSBH and better pads. That said, you can achieve similar feel on stock just by changing pads and SSBH.

The key difference lies in heat dissipation and clamping force, both of which is applicable only in repeated high speed braking (in a race track). Key idea is: REPEATED HIGH SPEED. Such conditions, you won't encounter during normal street driving. Even an e-brake doesn't count as repeated. In such cases the tyres matter more than brakes.

Which brings me back to my original point. If you don't track, and want better braking, change pads and SSBH.

If you do track, then BBK.

If just want looks, BBK.

Yes, lots of Brembo and AP fakes. You need to know which shop to go to and where to verify authenticity. Just don't buy from a certain shop in Northstar Building can liao.

BBK for me anytime :D

Ex car (AP 9200 4 pot)

post-1798-0-72072300-1492147361_thumb.jpg

Current car (stock factory 4 pot)

post-1798-0-16746200-1492147472_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1