Proud of your RIMS? Post it HERE!

Chneo1982

On 8/9/2019 at 10:45 AM, Corinth57 said:

My car rims are currently 15 inch stock from AD as I bought base model. Was wondering if it is possible to buy the 17 inch stock (from same model, but higher spec) from AD?

Just go to any tyre shop like south east tyre or Leong Seng, they should have stock from people who trade in.

Much cheaper than you get it from agent. You can also make sure they are free from kerb rashes.

↡ Advertisement

On 9/17/2019 at 5:51 PM, Eliecheong said:

Hi bros, may i know where to repair sport rim ? Any good recommended ?

Leong Seng / Southeast

Edited by Mockngbrd

I see many upgrade from stock 195/65R15 to 215/45R17 or 225/40R17

Looks cool, but you must be prepared for a harsher ride, higher fuel consumption, sluggish performance and accelerated wear & tear to your shock absorbers & springs, and engine mountings, plus a much more bumpy ride due to the thinner tyre side walls.

Think about this - the 2000cc Volvo 240 uses 185/65R14 stock tyres. Why would a 1600cc require ultra broad 225/40R17, at the expense of the setbacks mentioned above? 

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 1

5 hours ago, Vinceng said:

I see many upgrade from stock 195/65R15 to 215/45R17 or 225/40R17

Looks cool, but you must be prepared for a harsher ride, higher fuel consumption, sluggish performance and accelerated wear & tear to your shock absorbers & springs, and engine mountings, plus a much more bumpy ride due to the thinner tyre side walls.

Think about this - the 2000cc Volvo 240 uses 185/65R14 stock tyres. Why would a 1600cc require ultra broad 225/40R17, at the expense of the setbacks mentioned above? 

Don't be so one dimensional lah.

Public transport is so affordable and convenient. Why do you buy a car?

• Praise 3

haha .... My past 2 ex-cars. One 18", one 15". Comfort level = sama sama. Another one, 15-17" + lowered, marginal increase in FC. Harsher ? Perhaps, but everyday driving is such a joy

Life is short, change rims nia mah say so much .... Happy tio ho ! 

By same logic, why would anyone want to eat Sio Bak knowing it is fatty, salty and high in cholesterol ? :huh:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Othello said:

haha .... My past 2 ex-cars. One 18", one 15". Comfort level = sama sama. Another one, 15-17" + lowered, marginal increase in FC. Harsher ? Perhaps, but everyday driving is such a joy

Life is short, change rims nia mah say so much .... Happy tio ho ! 

By same logic, why would anyone want to eat Sio Bak knowing it is fatty, salty and high in cholesterol ? :huh:

Exactly!

buy 1.6L car for what? You only need a 660cc city roundabout car 🤣

Some people really 🤦‍♂

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Don't be so one dimensional lah.

Public transport is so affordable and convenient. Why do you buy a car?

It's not by choice that I own a car. It's cheaper than the school bus to send my 3 children to school, and taxi to send my aged parents for check up. My spouse is tasked with these chores.

I don't drive to work and am chauffeured to work daily in a Mercedes Benz..... bus 😁

11 hours ago, Dannnn said:

TSW wheels

Eagle f1a5

Do say hi when u see me  😋

45F44B7F-D549-41D6-83C6-594E4901552D.jpeg

Sweet!. Caved into buying new wheels and getting the same wheels, TSW Bathurst in gloss gunmetal next week. 20x8.5 with Michelin ps4 suvs or latitude sport 3s.

Assume you also bought from pitstop? 

Was originally looking to get the tsw clypse wheels, but I wasn't so fond of the colour options and weight. 

11 hours ago, GTO-1 said:

Sweet!. Caved into buying new wheels and getting the same wheels, TSW Bathurst in gloss gunmetal next week. 20x8.5 with Michelin ps4 suvs or latitude sport 3s.

Assume you also bought from pitstop? 

Was originally looking to get the tsw clypse wheels, but I wasn't so fond of the colour options and weight. 

Yeah mines a 18”. I wanted black wheels at first and was considering this for quite some time due to its gunmetal. Like the design so just go for it, turn out it is better than what I expected. Like the slight concaved design for this. 

3 hours ago, Dannnn said:

Yeah mines a 18”. I wanted black wheels at first and was considering this for quite some time due to its gunmetal. Like the design so just go for it, turn out it is better than what I expected. Like the slight concaved design for this. 

I actually had the opposite idea.  I'm not a fan of black wheels and wanted silver/titanium wheels.  For me, gunmetal came across as too dark in pictures. 

But when I saw a set at Pitstop, the colour was actually much lighter than I thought and quite liked it.  Whereas the TSW Clypse in titanium finish look too bright and silvery. 

My wheels are also going on a red car as well and yours is looking good!

19 hours ago, GTO-1 said:

I actually had the opposite idea.  I'm not a fan of black wheels and wanted silver/titanium wheels.  For me, gunmetal came across as too dark in pictures. 

But when I saw a set at Pitstop, the colour was actually much lighter than I thought and quite liked it.  Whereas the TSW Clypse in titanium finish look too bright and silvery. 

My wheels are also going on a red car as well and yours is looking good!

Yes, the looks really change once mounted on the car. The sample 17” Bathurst they have there tbh doesn’t really appeal to me. 
now if I were to choose again lll choose gunmetal over black anytime.

thanks for the compliment, do share ur ride once your wheels is up!

20 hours ago, Young_cheer said:

The wheels are so dope to look at, nice color contrast, mind to disclose the total cost? 

Thanks! The rrp is 3999 before trade in. After some nego n traded in my stock rim, u can shave up to almost 4 digits.

42 minutes ago, Dannnn said:

Thanks! The rrp is 3999 before trade in. After some nego n traded in my stock rim, u can shave up to almost 4 digits.

that's really a steal for a set of quality wheels, thank u for sharing.  

4 hours ago, Dannnn said:

Interesting. I got quoted rrp4999 before trade-in, for 20" bathurst rims and 20" Michelin Pilot 4 SUV's.  Got $1k off after trade in where stock wheels are 18" with Toyo's. 

Given I've seen 20" Michelins sell for $520+ each, I figure the price wasn't so bad. 

Edited by GTO-1
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1