9.5x19 ET40

also bro where you got your Audio HU?

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Keljian81 said:

Thank bro.

8x19 ET38

9.5x19 ET40

also bro where you got your Audio HU?

Swee. No wonder your rear is quite flushed.

mine is 18x8.5 ET35 front and 18x9.5 ET45 rear. 

my HU from Audio Solution at Ubi 

• Praise 2

12 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Changed ride ah tokay?

not mine lah ... wifey 1, mine is Laupok van , if u want I post photo of the rims you vomit 1 :grin:  

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, BanCoe said:

not mine lah ... wifey 1, mine is Laupok van , if u want I post photo of the rims you vomit 1 :grin:  

The L in Laupok stands for Lexus right? 😜

• Haha! 1

Changed from Inforged 18inch rims to SSW 17inch when got the used mazda 3.
Not a fan of the blue outline sticker paste around the 18inch and when tear off, discovered curb rashes and found dented rims. So get a peace of mind to change to smaller wheel to save weight.

20191228_163637.jpg

20191231_134415.jpg

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

can someone give me some advice on which brand tires would best protect my rim edge 

the rims are 20 inch concave vossens

front 245/30/20

back 275/30/20

this is the profile that was recommended for the E350 mercedes bluethec. but the wheels came with stretched tire so the edged are exposed.

1 hour ago, FBTC said:

can someone give me some advice on which brand tires would best protect my rim edge 

the rims are 20 inch concave vossens

front 245/30/20

back 275/30/20

this is the profile that was recommended for the E350 mercedes bluethec. but the wheels came with stretched tire so the edged are exposed.

No tyre is going to protect your rim. It depends on how hit the kerb and how low profile your tyre is.  The tyre sidewall is designed to be flexible, so if you hit the kerb the rim will get damaged as the tyre will flex inwards.  It's one of the risks you take so you can have bigger rims. 

Over stretched tyres are bad (despite people thinking it looks cool). Depending on level of overstretching, you should get a wider width tyre for safety. The type of tyre depends on the width of the rim itself. If you know the width of the rim, then people can recommend an appropriate tyre width. 

The brand is dependent on you. Many different tyre brands at different price points, with different purposes. Generally most tyre manufacturers have a range of tyre sizes of the same tyre brand. 

Neutral Newbie
58 minutes ago, GTO-1 said:

No tyre is going to protect your rim. It depends on how hit the kerb and how low profile your tyre is.  The tyre sidewall is designed to be flexible, so if you hit the kerb the rim will get damaged as the tyre will flex inwards.  It's one of the risks you take so you can have bigger rims. 

Over stretched tyres are bad (despite people thinking it looks cool). Depending on level of overstretching, you should get a wider width tyre for safety. The type of tyre depends on the width of the rim itself. If you know the width of the rim, then people can recommend an appropriate tyre width. 

The brand is dependent on you. Many different tyre brands at different price points, with different purposes. Generally most tyre manufacturers have a range of tyre sizes of the same tyre brand. 

thank you for you response the width of the front is 9.5 and the back 11

Neutral Newbie
13 hours ago, GTO-1 said:

Check this URL: https://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk/tyre-equivalence-advice.html

It recommends ~255 for front. ~285 for back. 

I would stick to these recommendations for matter os safety. 

hey as usual i appreciate  your assistance looking at the specs i agree that the 255 front and 285 back would cover the edge as oppose to the stretched one.

how every what do you think about reducing the series from 30 to 25 both front and back  for appearance and returning the ride/ height back to what was intended with the 245/275

↡ Advertisement