Proud of your RIMS? Post it HERE!

Chneo1982

Neutral Newbie

@shawn207 @DOBIEMKZ Sorry as I am new here. May I know what is AD? You mean Komoco Motors? Do they has a department for parts at 253 Alexandra Road showroom? Or is there any shops that  specialized in Hyundai accessories ?

May I know which shops in Singapore that are specialized in Hyundai parts and at reasonable price?

1 hour ago, HENRYMJ said:

@shawn207 @DOBIEMKZ Sorry as I am new here. May I know what is AD? You mean Komoco Motors? Do they has a department for parts at 253 Alexandra Road showroom? Or is there any shops that  specialized in Hyundai accessories ?

May I know which shops in Singapore that are specialized in Hyundai parts and at reasonable price?

What accessories are you looking at? If wheels you can get Japanese or Taiwanese wheels. No need to get Korean wheels on Korean cars.

Turbocharged
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

What accessories are you looking at? If wheels you can get Japanese or Taiwanese wheels. No need to get Korean wheels on Korean cars.

I think he wants to upsize his Avante CN7 16" stock rims to 17" stock rims (same design one but bigger)....[rolleyes]

Edited by DOBIEMKZ

10 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

I think he wants to upsize his Avante CN7 16" stock rims to 17" stock rims (same design one but bigger)....[rolleyes]

Just up 1 size and same design wheels? Save the money man.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Discoburg said:

Looks very heavy.

its 6.76kg per rim for my set. 16inches

Not that heavy but cant be helped since its flow formed and not forged rims, no budget for forged rims lol and I like the looks of it. Couldn't ask for more for 1.2K budget. Shop ask me whether want to upsize rims to 17 inch I said no, dont want to lol because must change tyres to larger size also.

My dream set is Volks racing TE 37 but cant find one for PCD 5 x114.3 for 16 inch , saw online that they have for PCD 4 x 100 and if there was one its beyond what I can afford/willing to pay.🤣

Edited by Confusedboi
  • Praise 2

24 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

Not that heavy but cant be helped since its flow formed and not forged rims, no budget for forged rims lol and I like the looks of it. Couldn't ask for more for 1.2K budget. Shop ask me whether want to upsize rims to 17 inch I said no, dont want to lol because must change tyres to larger size also.

My dream set is Volks racing TE 37 but cant find one for PCD 5 x114.3 for 16 inch , saw online that they have for PCD 4 x 100 and if there was one its beyond what I can afford/willing to pay.🤣

Best is work within your budget.

• Praise 2

The tyre shop pumped my tyres to about 245-250 kpa when installing my rims, after one day plus of driving reduced the  tyre pressure back to 220-225 kpa for all tyres and felt ride was slightly quieter and more comfortable. Was wondering why it was noisier and bumpier compared to stock lol, thought it was because of the new rims 🤣

@HENRYMJ hmm why not u consider aftermarket 17 rims that are lighter , at least this help to offset the bigger tyres. 

for rims a variety of tyre shops carry a range depending on your budget. I’ve only bought rims before at Ls Tyres at Ubi, but u can have a look at Stamford Tyres or Tai Huat Tyres also 

• Praise 1

Twincharged
22 hours ago, HENRYMJ said:

There is a Shop in Rowell Court dealing in Hyundai Parts...

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)
20 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Stock 17'' usually can find,alot of Car Owners changed it out..when New,buying New Stock Wheels from Agent more expensive than a branded 17'Wheel....for example my Mazda stock 19'' Rim,AD selling $1,200 per Pc Exc GST,while outside,almost new Wheels & Tyres going for $1,200 for 4pcs.

Edited by ER-3682
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
On 6/17/2021 at 7:20 PM, Confusedboi said:

Finished installation.

8E29E5E7-49D6-4397-875A-6C8F6CDC5A2D.jpeg

54D23A2D-EA60-49B7-AE3C-EE36152B0CB9.jpeg

Is it nicely flushed to the body? Side view?

22 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

Then go up to 17 for TE37, seems like no 16 with 5x114.3 now

• Shocked 1

hm not sure if it’s exactly flushed, might be slightly inside the wheel arch. Lol just changed only, won’t be changing rims anytime soon again. 

3DD53A8B-53C9-44E2-ADB0-4893312FD460.jpeg

4CAEE9AA-8DD0-4A73-905B-D67709F11EAD.jpeg

674BF598-D17B-4883-A848-660FFDED0F38.jpeg

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

hm not sure if it’s exactly flushed, might be slightly inside the wheel arch. Lol just changed only, won’t be changing rims anytime soon again. 

3DD53A8B-53C9-44E2-ADB0-4893312FD460.jpeg

Nice classic ride.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1