Proud of your RIMS? Post it HERE!

Chneo1982

Turbocharged
6 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

hm not sure if it’s exactly flushed, might be slightly inside the wheel arch. Lol just changed only, won’t be changing rims anytime soon again. 

3DD53A8B-53C9-44E2-ADB0-4893312FD460.jpeg

4CAEE9AA-8DD0-4A73-905B-D67709F11EAD.jpeg

674BF598-D17B-4883-A848-660FFDED0F38.jpeg

Fantastic![:)]

The fitment looks fine. Generally for FWD cars don't fit rims and tyres that protrude too far outwards, because that will affect (increase) the front tyres' scrub radius and in turn adversely affect the car handling.

Nevertheless, yours look perfectly fine. [:)]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
6 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

hm not sure if it’s exactly flushed, might be slightly inside the wheel arch. Lol just changed only, won’t be changing rims anytime soon again. 

3DD53A8B-53C9-44E2-ADB0-4893312FD460.jpeg

4CAEE9AA-8DD0-4A73-905B-D67709F11EAD.jpeg

674BF598-D17B-4883-A848-660FFDED0F38.jpeg

The fitment looks fine. Generally for FWD cars don't fit rims and tyres that protrude too far outwards, because that will affect (increase) the front tyres' scrub radius and in turn adversely affect the car handling.

• Haha! 1

17 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

The term you should use is to get the right offset.

• Praise 1

On 6/18/2021 at 2:35 PM, Confusedboi said:

its 6.76kg per rim for my set. 16inches

Not that heavy but cant be helped since its flow formed and not forged rims, no budget for forged rims lol and I like the looks of it. Couldn't ask for more for 1.2K budget. Shop ask me whether want to upsize rims to 17 inch I said no, dont want to lol because must change tyres to larger size also.

My dream set is Volks racing TE 37 but cant find one for PCD 5 x114.3 for 16 inch , saw online that they have for PCD 4 x 100 and if there was one its beyond what I can afford/willing to pay.🤣

just curious how much you paid for this 16 inch wheel ? and you use back your current shining 16 inch tire ?

24 minutes ago, Roberttan said:

just curious how much you paid for this 16 inch wheel ? and you use back your current shining 16 inch tire ?

Hi paid 1,200 sgd for the 4 rims. Yup I use back my current tyres haha. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Confusedboi said:

Hi paid 1,200 sgd for the 4 rims. Yup I use back my current tyres haha. 

thanks for your sharing , 16 inch wheel cost $300 each must be a Premium quality ,and brand ? and country of Origin ?made in Japan

Brand is weddsport, made in Japan so its more expensive than made in Thailand rims/Taiwan rims. I like the design hence bought this haha, last set in the shop, next batch will be a few months later than ship in. Shop says not many 16 inch rims  designs with my car PCD offset left nowadays, most pple use 17 inch minimum. I don’t want to upsize that’s why remain at 16 inch.

687227E6-7BA3-496F-9138-7E6C659AE5C3.jpeg

• Praise 3

Well I would rather pay more for Japan made rims that should last longer without warping  than Thai made or Taiwan rims even though they are cheaper 😅. Given that our roads nowadays are getting very bumpy, wouldn’t want my rims to crack when driving over rough patches of roads or worst potholes. Did not want to try replica rims for this reason as well even though replica rims are much cheaper. One time pain than can enjoy for long time.

• Praise 1

23 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

Well I would rather pay more for Japan made rims that should last longer without warping  than Thai made or Taiwan rims even though they are cheaper 😅. Given that our roads nowadays are getting very bumpy, wouldn’t want my rims to crack when driving over rough patches of roads or worst potholes. Did not want to try replica rims for this reason as well even though replica rims are much cheaper. One time pain than can enjoy for long time.

just my thought , is nothing wrong to use those Asian wheels from Taiwan , Thailand or even China, they do have Good Premium Quality wheels and some of them are OEM manufacturers for Japan and Europe.

the Problem is we cant tell which is the Good quality because most of them do not have LOng term Branding, today Brand A 3 years later Brand B lol

you will be surprise some of the Original Wheels fitted on BMW , Mercedes or Lexus are Made in China or Indonesia .(Embossed on the Back of the wheel),

Why as Car Owner accept this Wheel manufactured in those country ? because of The Car branding is a Quality Assurance  .

just MHO

happy shopping and wheeling

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
12 minutes ago, Roberttan said:

just my thought , is nothing wrong to use those Asian wheels from Taiwan , Thailand or even China, they do have Good Premium Quality wheels and some of them are OEM manufacturers for Japan and Europe.

the Problem is we cant tell which is the Good quality because most of them do not have LOng term Branding, today Brand A 3 years later Brand B lol

you will be surprise some of the Original Wheels fitted on BMW , Mercedes or Lexus are Made in China or Indonesia .(Embossed on the Back of the wheel),

Why as Car Owner accept this Wheel manufactured in those country ? because of The Car branding is a Quality Assurance  .

just MHO

Well said indeed!👍

Just like those stock rims and upgraded variant rims on Corolla Altis, Vios, Civic, City Sylphy made in Thailand, but buyers of those cars hardly think negatively about them.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Roberttan said:

just MHO

nicely said, you hit the nail on the main problem is that we cant tell which rims are supposedly good quality due to branding.

Turbocharged
(edited)
On 6/24/2021 at 3:59 PM, q1n3fer said:

@ER-3682 

very similar looking rims

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-24 at 15.58.34.jpeg

Are those spokes (the face of the rim) protruding a bit further out from the circumference of the rim?

Edited by DOBIEMKZ

Twincharged
10 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Are those spokes (the face of the rim) protruding a bit further out from the circumference of the rim?

Yes,a bit.