"Greasy" look on the paintwork after polish

Limi

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, just wondering anyone encounter this. My car will always have this slight greasy look (if you look under the lights) after I buff off the wax. I was using johnson kit previously and now using Autoglym SRP also the same.

Did I do something wrong? Like applying too much SRP or didn't leave it long enough? I have tried both but still got it.

I did notice it helps a bit if I "dilute" the SRP by using a slight damp applicator pad when applying...

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

4 possible reasons:

i) over apply

ii) neber let wax dry enuf

iii) cloth oredi saturated

iv) cloth CMI

one trick is to give the car a quick rinse wif water after waxing and wipe down to realli bring out the shine.

Neutral Newbie

Ya, that's what my friend told me, to have a quick rinse after waxing... but siong... [sweatdrop] You wash liao then polish then rinse again...

My guess is (ii) as I buff off 15 minutes after I apply... Will try to leave it longer... So meaning I wasted all previous application of SRP as it has not bond with the paint? And also for my Extra Gloss application... [smallcry]

Still learning... Guess have to spend CNY redoing everything liao... Thanks!

Brother,

Autoglym must let it set for a while :

1. SRP at least 1 hour before buffing

2. EGA at least 1.5 to 2 hours before buffing

This was my experience if the setting time is too short,

then it will affect the durability.

Just my 2 cents

MarcosTan

Toyota Rav4

Neutral Newbie

Ya, you are right... I will try waiting longer at the next polish...

By the way, just back from Autobac Gombak, all Autoglym products 20% off... [thumbsup]

SRP u apply to the whole car first. my the time u finish applying to the whole car, then u proceed to buff off. there is no need to wait 1hr for SRP.

EGP wait for at least 2hrs then its really cured and easy to buff off.

Neutral Newbie

That's the way I usually do with SRP. But it seems that since I am doing it in the sheltered MCP, it's still not ready to be buffed off after I do the whole car...

Anyway, I tried waiting for 1 hr during New year eve and it works! Now I don' get the "greasy" look liao... [nod] (Maybe its because I do it "semi-outdoor" or maybe the weather is hot enough...)

Neutral Newbie

Bro does yours seem to get rid of scratches?

I use it to get rid of scratches on the bonnet...only some scratches can be removed while the others are still visible. [:(]

Hi guys, just wondering anyone encounter this. My car will always have this slight greasy look (if you look under the lights) after I buff off the wax. I was using johnson kit previously and now using Autoglym SRP also the same.

Did I do something wrong? Like applying too much SRP or didn't leave it long enough? I have tried both but still got it.

I did notice it helps a bit if I "dilute" the SRP by using a slight damp applicator pad when applying...

Thanks!

Hi, think u might be experiencing "streaking". Think you might have applied too much product. a damp applicator helps and to remove it, simply use a damp cloth and lightly wipe over the streaks and quickly follow up with a dry cloth. should be gone after that.

↡ Advertisement