Honest Reliable Blaupunkt dealer?

Fmonkie

Neutral Newbie

hi guys! I'm new here, i just checked around for blaupunkt dealers and the last time there was some talk about this was 2002 or something...so i thought i would ask u guys here for advise...

i am gonna be getting an alfa 147 and would wanna get the IPOD interface for my blaupunkt, according to one of the dealers, my stock blaupunkt can't be used, and i gotta get other sets...however after an over quote of 300 bucks above the original price of the LA(blaupunkt) i a bit scared of him already...so just wanna find out the real deal from the more experienced guys here...

where would u guys do up your blaupunkt? with the ipod interface? and maybe some suggestions on what else would u guys add? errr...maybe with a budget of 1500-2000? including the head unit and IPOD interface...

thanks!

↡ Advertisement

The last I heard is that the ipod interface of the blaupunkt was not well built, i.e. some glitches that involve noise and response. IMHO, if you gotta have ipod, and you're changing to a new HU anyway, get something else. Unless u wanna keep your stock remote control functioning in ur Alpha...but I think other brands do have this possibility as well...like the Alpine (goes well with Alpha i suppose...hahaha).

Neutral Newbie

yeah thanks man! actually i found it last nite...but dunno whether any shop here can help to install...properly lah that is...but will check around...thanks!

Neutral Newbie

The interface unit that you found, is it really compatible with both the steering control and the in-dash display? Care to share more info?

Me long time thinking to change to another HU liao, personally dun like Blaupunkt. Another issue is the adaptor face plate cos our Alfa does not have a standard DIN size slot.

Neutral Newbie

http://www.alpine-europe.com/alpine/pdf/st...ed_Vehicles.pdf

this is the link that i saw...thanks to a helpful brother on the forum, justman...actually he was so helpful that i might not wanna sell my alpine anymore! coz it's true, i would prefer alpine if possible...

the pdf above shows that the steering remote can be done with that interface, however it doesn't write which unit is compatible with this interface...

i''ll try call alfa sportivo whether they can handle this and also call up alpine singapore and see if they have any info regarding this!

ALPINE ELECTORONICS ASIA PTE LTD.

No.22 Jalan Kilang #05-01 Mova Building Singapore 159419

Tel:

Fax:

65-6227-6590

65-6226-1523

Neutral Newbie

Ok, that seems like jus the steering remote interface, but how about the link up to the in-dash display? (Hehe, maybe I am asking too much, wan to change HU but yet want to keep all the functions...)

Anyway, mine is 1.6 so no steering control, I am more interested in the in-dash display. [;)]

Last I ask Sportivo is that they only have the face plate for Blaupunkt. Maybe you can ask again... Keep me updated ok? Thanks!

The display will still be there...at your HU that is...lol. T think no point having the display at the console. But I suppose the other parameters will continue to be displayed, less the audio ones.

Face plate for Blaupunkt only? I thought such face plates should be universal? i.e. so that you can fit in any 1-din aftermarket HU?

Neutral Newbie

Ya, u prob right, the face plate should be universal so that I can fit any 1-din aftermarket HU... the console display will be lost though... but you are right again.. who needs 2 display displaying the same info... [laugh]

See that you have the Bremen, is it's "Twinceiver" good? I do not have good impression about the Blaupunkt "Digiceiver" so hope this Bremen is really value for it's money cos it not cheap...

So far happy with the tuner. Good SQ for radio. Never heard radio that clear and detailed before. And stable too. As for the price, I suppose it's for the 27 band x 4 EQ and Time Alignment. So far, no HU in the market offers such a wide band of EQ...

Neutral Newbie

hi! so actually only blaupunkt can work the song display on the dashboard? not even if u install the alpine option remote thing? actually of course it's not impt...but it's damn bloody cool if u can see the song on your ipod on the dashboard! makes u feel all star trekky! hahah

This HU got auto sound calibration...mic provided. That is something to start with. After that can fine tune the EQ yourself. Not very difficult....

I'm driving a chevrolet with stock Blaupunkt headset.

Can display the song title and album from my CDR that i burnt songs in with Nero.

If you're still looking for Blaupunkt dealer, know that there's an authorised one at Ubi named CLASSAUTO.

Address is as such, 53 Ubi Ave 1 #03-51 Paya Ubi Industrial Park Singapore 408934.

Go ask them.

Neutral Newbie

har? issit? so only the original original headset then can do all those kinda stuff issit?

as for the mic to do auto calibration wah lau eh...tat's star trek man...

↡ Advertisement