Vibrations during light braking at high speeds

Dunno

Neutral Newbie

When I brake lightly at speeds over 80kph, I feel quite bad vibrations coming from the front wheel. If I release the brake pedal and tap on it again, then the vibrations sort of diminish and disappear when my car slows down to below 60kph.

I was told by my service mechanic that my car's front rotors are "polarised" (not sure what that means...and changing the front pair would cost S$180. Is that the real cause of the vibrations?

I was also told in another forum that I could just flip the rotors so I dun need to change them. True?

I plan to have this fixed soon cos brakes cannot play play one...

I also encounter squealing sounds when moving off in 1st gear and especially when reversing. I've sprayed belt dressing on all the rotating parts and the belts but the problem is still there.

While moving, there's also some grinding noise coming from the drive shaft I think...somewhere from the bottom of the car or gearbox.

Any idea what ARE wrong?? Any workshops to recommend to have these problems fixed cos it's the first time I own a car. I'm driving a Suzuki Swift. BTW, hope it's near Woodlands cos I stay there [:p]

Edited by Dunno
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Try the workshops at yew tee industrial estate... they are located at woodlands rd,

sould be very near u. Go to blk 6, to one shop located right at the end, Lai Panel, he should be able to help u else he'll recommend some other workshop there to help u. Look for Mr Lai Ah Hong.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Welcome to MCF.....

Do join us for our weekly meetup........thumbsup.gif

Mostly likely, your brake pad is worn and your rotor is getting too thin.......thumbsup.gif

Neutral Newbie

looks like the discs are warped.

have them checked out. 1 way to prevent further warping is not

to step on the brakes hard when the car is not moving, of course

conditions permitting. doing so causes uneven cooling of the discs, causing

warping. step lightly when stopped at lights.

change the pads too while at it. its better to have new pads with new discs, if you are

swapping them.

not sure about flipping the discs. as for the noises, cant really help you on that.

10-1 warped rotors, you could try re-surfacing (grinding)them flat if never done prior, else the rotor may be too thin to re-surface.

If you're near Woodlands, try my JB mech at the Esso Station opposite Pelangi Plaza, cheap and good [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement