Can diesel vehicles use W30 oils ??

Upguy

Neutral Newbie

Sorry for my noob question. [:p]

Searched the forum but did not find any convincing answers. [:|]

Can diesel powered vehicles like renault kangoo, opel combo, etc use light weight oils in order to improve FC?? [wave]

Diesel prices have been rising too in case you dont notice..... [sly]

↡ Advertisement

Diesel prices have been rising too in case you dont notice

but still much cheaper then petrol....if u got lobang for OEM...lagi cheaper [;)]

Edited by York

No problem. Usually they come as 10W30 fleet oil. Most coveted of all is the Amsoil ACD which is an SAE30 that behaves like a 10W30.

I doubt you can find 0W30 diesel rated fleet oil. Most 10W30 HDEO meets all the C* rating except for the CI-4+.

You got lobang for 10W30 fleet oil? Rimula Premium 10W30?

Edited by Genie47

Its the CI-4 rating. If it is CI-4 rated, definitely can. Any lower C* rating, better don't. Latest CI-4+. Check engine requirements from manual. If manual say need lower than CI-4+, can use.

If there is a 10W30 HDEO that meets CI-4+, I can imagine how strong it is. Viscosity also quite high.

Edited by Genie47

You may try to pump from the distributor, it much cheaper than normal pump station by 10%.

Our company order from Shell the cost only S$0.80 compare to >S$1.00 from pump station.

Neutral Newbie

any comments on caltex havoline energy 5w30 ?? is it suitable for diesel engine application?

Shell, SPC and others only supply to pump station or company can commit to large volume and the company will gain the saving from the rebate.

For some of company( distributor) whoes dealing with this commodity supply to SME; like transport co, vessel, bunker and etc.

what you mean by distributor ??? rolleyes.gif