Changing your odo from l/km to km/l with a VAGtool

Lightspeed

$15 for 2 min job sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif & I read somewhere its just to change a flag. Something like to change a number in the region code.

Changing form Europe (l/100km) to Asia (km/l). si bei ho tan leh....

Neutral Newbie

I got the change done on my spb today. Not too hot about it. Have been driving 18 months using l/100km and have gotten used to it. Especially when trying to drive economically.

It feels kind of weird now. Not used to it I guess.

Will report more soon.

Lamy

They charged me $15...................

Do you often go Servo to get things done?

Don't think they would have charged me since I kinda regular there.... [lipsrsealed]

I wonder who he approached....

When I first got it changed, I had to print out the instructions for them to do it and they did it for me for free back then ... now they're charging for it? [dizzy]

Neutral Newbie

Still trying to get use to the change.

Just some notes to share

- While on L/100KM, I found it useful when driving economically to keep within the 6-10 L/100KM Range. Can get as good as 600+ on full tank. Now it is a bit strange. Not sure what is a good range to adhere to. Need to do the calculations to map the diff one day.

- Because of the smaller scales,(ie L/100KM as opposed to KM/L) the fluctuations in meter reading are much greater. harder to keep constant while driving.

- In L/100KM mode, when completely crusing (no pressure on accelerator while travelling above 60km/hr) the reading will go "00.0 L/100KM" but in KM/L it goes "--.- km/l". IT is a bit unnerving. More getting use to.

All things said, it is easier to grapple with the "actual" km travelled per litre then L/100km.

Just my opinion, and thot it would nice to share.

Lamy

Since the most common terms in conversation is how many km/L you car is doing, so to me it would be easier, mine is giving me 9+km/L, on good days, it can be 10+.

the "00.0 L/100KM" but in KM/L it goes "--.- km/l". is the same what? [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement