Help: Any Bros Buying New Rides or Selling their Car ?

Alveron2001

Hello

Any Bros here buying a new car and selling your current ride to the dealer ? Understand that depending from Brand & Model, amount you get is Paper + 4/5K for the trade in.

I'm currently considering buying a new car, but wouldn't mind considering a 2nd hand ride also.

Have checked out Classifieds, SgCarmart & SgCarsOnline and noticed that many of the so called "Owners" ads are actually 2nd-Hand car dealers. And worst of all, the prices that they are asking for a 2 year old car is almost the price of a brand new car !!! eg: $45K for a 2 year old lancer vs $49K for a new one from C&C. Who would want to buy and 2 year old car for the same price and a new one ??? Dun understand.... [hur]

Anyway, I am willing to pay more than the Paper + 4/5K that the Trade-In dealers are offering. Anyone got any advice on how I can get to meet/know those people who are trading in their old rides for new ??? I even thought of standing outside C&C, BM or KM .... [crazy][laugh][laugh][laugh]

I am looking for something along the lines of :

- Mid-Sized car (Lancer, Corolla, Civic, Mazda 3, Colt Plus... etc)

- Between 2004-2006

- Mileage not exceeding 40K

- Auto preferred

My wife already warned that this is a though route to try. [confused]

But I thought that if I can't find a nice match, then can still go buy new right ? So anybody who knows anybody that match the above, lemme know ok ? Maybe can work something out! [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Cheers !

Edited by Alveron2001
↡ Advertisement

Not to offend you or anything... the only +$4/$5k body is looking for older makes from 2000-2002. From 2004-2006 is only Korean makes. If you are looking for Japanese makes from 2004-2006, car dealers and exporters are offering a lot more than you are looking at. A simple VIOS's car body can fetch a good $9k for a 2005 make. For a 2003 lancer sport edition can fetch from $7k-$8k depending on condition. Unless you are looking at a total lost vehicle from 2004-2006. The insurance pays just about $4k-$5k above paper value...

Those in-house dealers from local distributors can offer even higher body value because they can cut profit from their car margin and especially for those models which they wanted to get rid off quickly... so... no chance sad to say.

You interested my Feb02 Corolla? Dealer offered 46K(Paper Value 40K) for the trade in. Car is in tip top condition, so felt a bit wasted to export out.

Thanks V much for the offer.... But I think cannot... That's why I mentioned 04-05.... I think the 02 cars are too ex... COE was like 30-35K right ????

All the best anyway ! [sunny]

I'm suddenly flooded with offers from people to buy their cars... [crazy]

So to avoid misunderstandings, I should make clear that I am only looking to pay a few K (1-3) above whatever it is that the dealers are offering to buy your ride. [;)]

I am not interested in buying at 2nd-Hand car dealer's "market price". eg: Formula = PARF + 5-6K per year. Such formula cannot work anymore cuz new car prices are so low. That's also why used cars cannot sell and 2nd hand car dealers are actually into import business.

The REAL market price today is actaully PAPER + BODY + EXTRA.

Thought I was pretty clear in my original post. But apologise if I have let anyone to believe otherwise anyway... [;)]

Any brother out there who knows of good and reliable export dealers in car body. I want to export my car body and retains all my parf/coe paper so that I can registered a new car. Thanks.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

you could try posting a small 3 line classified advertisment on saturday's newspaper.. [thumbsup]

or you could pretend to be interested in new car, talk to the SEs and hint hint them of your intentions.. best if they are newbies so most likely they have no super lobangs for export..

then you say tell them you can offer $3k more for the car they wan to sell on behalf of their buying customers.. and always REMIND them that they can probably eat the $1-2k of that extra [sly]

Edited by Joneses

(edited)

I'm suddenly flooded with offers from people to buy their cars...

This is the reason why there's limited car buyers even at S$10K COE prices.

They have commited to 10 year loans, and must be prepared to lose as much as S$20K after just a year of usage for a typical 1.6l saloon.

Minimum loan or no loan is the way to go, otherwise don't get a car.

Edited by Vit4wd

Neutral Newbie
you could try posting a small 3 line classified advertisment on saturday's newspaper..

or you could pretend to be interested in new car, talk to the SEs and hint hint them of your intentions.. best if they are newbies so most likely they have no super lobangs for export..

then you say tell them you can offer $3k more for the car they wan to sell on behalf of their buying customers.. and always REMIND them that they can probably eat the $1-2k of that extra

Post in news paper will get alot of calls from idiots thinking you are selling. Plus honest sellers will think you are a dealer.

The SE idea is pretty good. But I do think that all of them already have a good Export Lobang. Prob shared by the other SE's the moment they join.

I already got a ride since this post... Thanks for good ideas anyway.....

Neutral Newbie

Hi, suggest you buy a new car as COEs are at their lowest. Older cars come with higher COEs hence your annual depreciation is higher. Newer ones come with a heftier transfer fee. Interest rates for financing new cars are lower, and so are insurance rates, plus you get the usual 3-year warranty. What you save for a used car will end up in higher maintenance cost. If you are looking for a 'cheap and good' new car, go take a look for a Korean car. Only make sure it comes with at least one air-bag and ABS. Good hunting. [smash]

↡ Advertisement